GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Is this filter different from or the same as the cabin filter? The one accessed from the glove box.

Different.
You access this from engine compartment.
You remove the passenger cowl plus a plastic cover over the air intake for.the cabin. You remove a plastic piece on the car in USA for and replace it with this similar plastic piece. It has the ability to hold a filter were the USA one does not.

Last edited:

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Different.
You access this from engine compartment.
You remove the passenger cowl plus a plastic cover over the air intake for.the cabin. You remove a plastic piece on the car in USA for and replace it with this similar plastic piece. It has the ability to hold a filter were the USA one does not.
Do you know the VW part number(s) involved?

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Do you know the VW part number(s) involved?

Off hand I do not.
The people I know who have installed ordered from Aliexpress.
I think a part used in countries like China that might require extra filtering if owners want or need. Mine fit very well but the sensor that hooks on mine had to have additional help as the hole was a little different. The Aliexpress cost is low so not much risk. Order extra filter so you do not have reorder. The Aliexpress part might even be an OE supplier for all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Had to fly back to Wisconsin for a funeral this weekend north of Green Bay.
So much cooler here than Tennessee. Not sure I could drive my GTI here on these downtown roads. Rough from winter.

Last edited:

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Pulled over on a side road next to the local highway to remove some long vinyl siding that was on the road today. On the way back to the car I thought my GTI looked good, so had to get a few pics.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
70,000 mile oil change.
Fluid extractor paying for itself.
Tried Ceratdc, feels smoother but hard to judge as cool weather helps engine run better.

6.7L used with ECS SS pan. 1 liter extra.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I swapped to ceratec before the cold snap and noticed it was smoother as well. Similar experience between ceratec and MoS2 treatments. Allegedly the ceratec lasts longer, so i won't complain about that. :D Looking good!

FrostyMK7

Great build thread Sandman! I have seen your posts all over the forums, thank you for all the great info you have shared along the way.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Great build thread Sandman! I have seen your posts all over the forums, thank you for all the great info you have shared along the way.

Appreciate the comment.
Mainly just sharing info smarter forum members than I passed along over the years. Being a part of the Forum has helped me enjoy my 1st GTI more.