GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The 'Chimera' - Progression of my 1.8T by SKVeeDubR

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/08/2019 - Overnight Parts from.. Germany?

Well for those of you who know me, know I couldn't have possibly just reverted to the original Golf wheel after doing the seats and everything else. Yes, I did have a Sport wheel installed previously, what I didn't tell people is that I sent my sport steering wheel AND armrest to Germany to be retrimmed by the same people who perform all the work for Audi Exclusive - helps to know people who know people haha!

The wheel and armrest almost didn't make the show though, due to a couple hangups.. I ended up having to have them overnighted to Vancouver to a friend's place of employment - they arrived hours before we did that day. I quickly installed them in a parking garage that night. FYI the arrest of golfs is a B!tch to remove compared to the R. Fortunately I remembered where all the levers, hinges, springs, panels etc went. I also replaced the steering wheel bolt with a factory new piece and torqued to spec.

I spec'd the trim to be reminiscent of the 8V RS3 facelift wheel, with alcantera on the sides and fine nappa top and bottom. I also requested the TDC to be done in silver alcantera the exact width as a factory clubsport wheel marker, along with silver stitching to match the rest of the interior. The pattern of the wheel with the seams retaining factory VW lines.. Perfect combination of VW/Audi for this application.

Look closely.. Nestled in the recess of the gloss black R trim (to match the rest of the interior), is another custom touch - the 'MK7' inset. using an extra BFI coin I had, I cut down, ground down, re-enammeled, then lacquered this emblem to match the shift knob coin. I think it turned out well.

Here you can see the armrest nestled between the two supersports, finished in fine nappa and alcantera with silver stitch. Below, Cocomats hand-made in California, reminiscent of the factory accessory options on cars in the 50's onward from VW and Porsche, complete the interior.

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
This is what keeps us coming back to GCVW year after year - it's more than just cars!

It's this guys' 'fault' I have the seats and all the Unitronic goodies.. Thanks buddy, the car wouldn't be what it is without ya!

My friend's car - we became friends four years ago at GCVW 25, and have kept in contact ever since. This also happens to be my oldest son's favourite car.

No my wife did not get run over by this beautiful split - she's doing research so she can finish her own restoration of her '54 oval.. We are getting close!

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/10/2019 - A few shots inside Open Road for the evening party

just a golf..

I had this deck when I was a punk.. And this picture has me wanting another!

Unitronic tuned, because air freshener..

Wish I could keep her this clean year-round!

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/11/2019 - Extras

Audi OEM warning decal in door jamb to correspond with the Euro headrests.. because Euro.

Door sill inserts front and rear to match pedals.. It bugs me GTI's and R's don't have matching rear sills. These are as close to OE styling as I could find AND they offered front and rear matching! too bad they don't offer illuminated versions.

Clubsport brochure from Germany, Unitronic swag, and a tee I had made with the Clubsport font.

UK Brochure highlighting 40 Years of Golf/GTI. Fitting considering the golf is a 2016. goes nicely with my '40 Years' OEM Clubsport graphic.

Some of the things I never leave home without - Tool kit, first aid kit, safety equipment such as warning vests, rear triangle, as well as a pair of gloves, driving shoes, flares, OEM spare bulb/fuse kit, etc

And can't forget this little guy - My 5yo wanted to buy him for me with his own money on my birthday this past year.. I let him keep his money, and the gecko got a home on the back vent*

*sidenote - he stinks like AXE body spray.. I gave him alternating baths in 99% isopropyl alcohol and espresso.. I can still smell him. He may be getting upgraded to the non-scented, brushed aluminum version. I want my new car leather smell back, haha!

Last edited:

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!

Wow, this interior is....... there are no words for it. The infotainment system, shifter, e-brake, the steering wheel, the seats! Wow. And the little details like the aluminum knobs and steering wheel/ shifter coin makes this interior 2nd to none.

Also nice garage!

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Wow, this interior is....... there are no words for it. The infotainment system, shifter, e-brake, the steering wheel, the seats! Wow. And the little details like the aluminum knobs and steering wheel/ shifter coin makes this interior 2nd to none.

Also nice garage!

Thanks so very much!! I am glad all my work is appreciated!

Here are some nice pics a friend of mine took this past weekend at the GCVWS 2019!

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
one cool car man... if youre ever on the east coast, we gotta cruise!

Trollin86

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE DSG
Lovely photos. Beautiful car! The gloss black Pretorias look nice against the white. I'm looking for a set myself in any color.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Are puddle lights functional? Any coding required? How much was the set and where to purchase?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Yes coding is required, also you must have the appropriate door modules and use the turn signals with three wires. (Some cheaper ones use two wires) the puddle lights will not work even with proper coding...ask how I know.

Attachments

• 20191107_184825.jpg
    20191107_184825.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 145
  • 20200112_142250.jpg
    20200112_142250.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 135