GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

V-Tex leatherette care

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Is there anything you can use on the V-Tex leatherette seats in the Golf to restore a bit of factory new appearance? Mine seem to have faded a bit over time. I only realized so when looking inside a 2019 Golf SE. Either that or they changed the black color to be darker.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I thought of that, realizing it later...

A simple search turns this up https://www.walkervolkswagenvt.com/...ean-the-v-tex-leatherette-in-your-vw-vehicle/

Hmm good find but that article is a bit confusing considering they show them cleaning leather seats and say

"Use leather care agents like 3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer every 6 months to treat the leather and keep it looking and feeling great."

Maybe there is no difference in the care between V-Tex and real leather?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Hmm good find but that article is a bit confusing considering they show them cleaning leather seats and say

"Use leather care agents like 3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer every 6 months to treat the leather and keep it looking and feeling great."

Maybe there is no difference in the care between V-Tex and real leather?

Idk, just trying to help you out. There are just normal spray on products. My favorite is carpro’s PERL, which is plastic, exterior, rubber, leather. I do not have those seats though, so I cannot speak from experience there. Give it a look and see what it says.