GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Accessport. What parameters do you monitor ?

Bricktops

Passed Driver's Ed
Newb here. First turbo car.
I recently installed the AP with MAPerformance's Stage 1 OTS tune.
What is everyone monitoring with their Accessport? What should I be keeping an eye on? Thanks guys.

Anchorjaw

Passed Driver's Ed
I monitor boost, IAT, and knock in all 4 cylinders. Wish I could have room for 1 more to monitor to monitor AFR too but oh well

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

torkee

I asked Cobb the other day and here was their reply:

It's all up to you on what gauges you want to view. With the Accessport, you can choose up to 6 to see in real-time on the screen. I always prefer looking at AFR, Long Term Fuel Trims, Knock, Boost, Short Term Fuel Trims, and RPM.

These monitors will always change depending on conditions. Obviously, you want your knock counts as low as possible, and for the long term fuel trims, try and be within +/- 10.

Let me know if you have additional questions or if I can clear anything up for you!

plac

GTI Master
so some people monitor 1 cyl for knock and some people monitor all 4? i have mine on "knock average" by default but that's probably not a very good choice..

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
IAT, Boost, AFR, knock retard cycl 1, LTFT (since i'm running ethanol blend), coolant temps (since im having intermittent issues with my cooling system)

billmesh

Passed Driver's Ed
so some people monitor 1 cyl for knock and some people monitor all 4? i have mine on "knock average" by default but that's probably not a very good choice..
I used to monitor all 4, but now I just display the average. It seems to be good enough to at least know under what conditions the car is pulling timing.

I also monitor boost, AFR, IAT, and then the 2 other positions I swap around from time to time to see what other options I have. Turbo shaft speed was a fun one lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk