GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
It says dynojet :confused::confused::confused:

Good fuel....that's just it. flipflp is in CA.

I can do E85 blends (my last 5 tanks have been ~e25, just have to go out of my way a little bit) so 93-94 octane results shouldn't be tough for me, but I'll need more volume, and that's gonna tax the HPFP.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
That was my thought too, one dyno's 450whp is another dyno's 450chp, so I'm taking that with a grain of salt. A Mustang Struggle Dyno 450whp needs fueling IMO.

I'd like to try a drop in LPFP and a HPFP upgrade to see how far that would get me before adding MPI. With just a lil'E85 I think that's an easy way to 450, but the cost/labor difference between a HPFP and MPI are shrinking at this point sooo....

If I can install a HPFP and LPFP, you can too.

pieguy

Ready to race!

Maybe you're just smarter than most of us Diggs...

That being said, HPFP easy, LPFP if you don't know have a dremel... not so easy. PAG Parts is releasing a drop in LPFP soon so maybe want to wait for that if you're not comfortable with the PR install.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG

That comment was more to MPI labor, since the HP and LP pumps are relatively easy. Could I do the MPI myself? Sure, but I can't enable that without a tune/tuner being involved so I might not.

Also the APR HPFP is still a core rebuild, so you'd either need a second good HPFP or be without a car for a while, so that is equaling out some costs there.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
you want to increase the hpfp targets to take advantage of it. using the stock hpfp pressure just forces longer ipw's which means you can still get injector misfires.
I am not trying to sound like a dick but, don't be cheap when it comes to modding a car to twice it's stock power. you are just asking for trouble.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
You would need tuner support for any of these 3 being replaced.

True, depending on the part I agree. Support and benefit from are different things though. An upgraded HPFP can be ignored by the ECU (99% sure) and no gains had, some drop in LPFPs are supported by the stock controller, and MPI will sit there and do nothing after installed without the tune enabling it.

I guess what I meant was I could install the part and drive around no harm, no foul afterwards, but a $1000 MPI investment seems like something you'd want to immediately use and get tuned to have the benefit of.

pieguy

Ready to race!
If you buy a walbro 305 which can use the stock controller without tune, imo, you've wasted money. You want the flow of the walbro 450 LPFP which isn't enough for full e85. That thing can't be run without a tune safely.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey Ed, this turbo excites me quite a bit and I can imagine I'll pull the trigger on it in the coming months here. I did have an interesting question as well though. Why do you think Cobb doesn't have MPI support currently and from what I have heard won't support it in the future as well?

Cobb is currently working hard on the DSG software. I know MPI is on their list, but not top priority right now. That said, you can do quite a bit with just a hpfp and lpfp upgrade without MPI.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
you don't need any of those for 450hp. 450 whp ( and wanting to be safe) a lpfp is all you will need

I disagree. You can get away with 400-420whp maybe on the stock hpfp... and even then its pushing things. If you want to add any ethanol to the mix at that level, you absolutely have to upgrade the hpfp.

-- Ed