GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Touch Up Spray Paint?

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has a good source for touch up spray paint? The cheapest I've found is about $38 on eBay for a bigger can. I really only need to do a small patch on my lower front bumper, so if anyone has any sources that would be great.

Thank you.

LurpyGeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone yanked off my front tow hook cover. I bought a new cover, but needed to paint it. Most auto parts stores have paint that is specific to the common colors used by different makes. I got a can of Tornado Red and a can of clear coat from a local O'reilly Autoparts for about $8 per can. It isn't a perfect match, but I'm the only one who would notice.

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Someone yanked off my front tow hook cover. I bought a new cover, but needed to paint it. Most auto parts stores have paint that is specific to the common colors used by different makes. I got a can of Tornado Red and a can of clear coat from a local O'reilly Autoparts for about $8 per can. It isn't a perfect match, but I'm the only one who would notice.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for you Lol) they seem to only have Tornado Red and maybe Pure White in auto stores around me and online.

Blindbatts

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a can of matched vw reflex silver off amazon that I used for my front license plate bracket delete plugs.

sbarrett4

Ready to race!

Same. I ordered a new cover and had to paint it. Local auto parts stores only had colors for VW's up to 2013ish, not the MK7. I ordered a 12 oz. can from Walmart for around $26.00. Clear coat is still drying/curing so I can't say how close a match it is yet but its black so I assume it will be close enough. Will put it on end of week and see.

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
I actually ordered from a seller on eBay. It sucks that there are no easy local options for VW colors, even for the brush on touch up bottles.

Cesco_93

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S M/T
Bump. Need some help - Need to paint a replacement Driver's side Key Hole Cover (Primed). Anyone think either of these budget options would work well?

Paint Scratch 1oz kit.jpgP2F Paint Kit.JPG

Color is Carbon Steel Grey. Both are around $30-40. Thoughts?

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
I'd say anything bigger than a small rock chip should be sprayed. I've had good luck with Automotive Touchup, and they mix spray cans.

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
Call your local dealer, they can get a spray from the same place they get the t/u pens in most colors. Here's an example of paint code C9X
1590013047269.png