GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
Can't say whether or not I got the best deal, but I came away happy because I love my new car. I purchased my GTI on the 28th; negotiated down from a sticker price of $34,750 down to $33,500 out the door for my Steel Gray GTI Autobahn, 6 speed with PP, and lighting package. I had to drive over an hour away to actually find one with the Performance Pack, but it was worth it I think.

[emoji30] Should have hopped into an R for that price. I found one for $35,600.

Coletrain

Passed Driver's Ed
2016 Base 2 door manual with lighting package. Bought two weeks ago $25,250. After 2k for trade 24k out the door. 2k down $350 a month.

Couldn't be happier, infotainment system broke, getting fixed tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_baz

Ready to race!
In the UK

5dr GTI DSG (Nav)
Carbon Steel Grey
App-connect

RRP £30,210

Using Carwow managed to get down to £27'150

£1250 dealer contribution
£6000 deposit

Should collect next month. Can't wait

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
2016 Golf GTI S 4-door 6spd manual

Options: Xenon lighting, Monster Mats and road side assistance kit. Sticker price is $27,730. My wife owns a MK4 GTI we've had a long time, and enjoy so I thought going in we would use the loyalty discount. I received $1000 instant rebate, and since I also owned a Chevrolet I got a "Conquest" instant rebate of $1500. That, unfortunately, excludes you from stacking on the loyalty cash of $1000. We went back and forth a bit, but they pretty much refused to budge on the car so we ended up shaking hands on $25,000 flat. I then took the %1.9 APR / 60 months financing from VW Credit. I MAY refinance this, because my credit union is doing a 1.65% deal right now.... I'll see if its really worth the effort after talking to them.

Looking at TrueCar averages, it was pretty much in the middle.

I have been considering a MK7 for a while, and at least before dieselgate, it was impossible to ever get a discount on a GTI around here. Between the 1.9% and the smallish rebates, it seemed like the best time to strike.

After reading others deals in here, seems like its an "average deal" which I'll take given my options around here. We have one VW/Audi dealer here in Des Moines, so you're in a bit of a fix. They don't participate in TrueCar or anything like that either, so you are on your own for negotiations. The closest VW/Audi dealer besides them is 100-130 miles away.

This was the cheapest GTI on their lot, save for a 2 door that was stickered about a grand less and didn't have xenon's. They had one DSG Golf R (I didn't even walk up to it, not interested) and like 4-5 others ranging up to the mid 30's!

The car is replacing a 2008 Cobalt SS/Turbo, which I still have and I'm selling it privately. Book value on those vs. what people will actually pay is too wide for me to give it away to the dealer :)

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Joncoulson

Ready to race!
2016 gti base with lighting 6spd 2 door 27,130 sticker talked down to 22,400 then taxes financing all that jazz. Bought at Jim Ellis vw in Atlanta.

Burak6ix

Passed Driver's Ed
Ontario Canada:

2016 4dr 1.8TSi.. $0 down, 25,000km/yr, 1.5% interest, $290/month lease for 4 years.

What do you guys think?

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
2016 Golf GTI S 4-door 6spd manual

Options: Xenon lighting, Monster Mats and road side assistance kit. Sticker price is $27,730. My wife owns a MK4 GTI we've had a long time, and enjoy so I thought going in we would use the loyalty discount. I received $1000 instant rebate, and since I also owned a Chevrolet I got a "Conquest" instant rebate of $1500. That, unfortunately, excludes you from stacking on the loyalty cash of $1000. We went back and forth a bit, but they pretty much refused to budge on the car so we ended up shaking hands on $25,000 flat. I then took the %1.9 APR / 60 months financing from VW Credit. I MAY refinance this, because my credit union is doing a 1.65% deal right now.... I'll see if its really worth the effort after talking to them.

Looking at TrueCar averages, it was pretty much in the middle.

I have been considering a MK7 for a while, and at least before dieselgate, it was impossible to ever get a discount on a GTI around here. Between the 1.9% and the smallish rebates, it seemed like the best time to strike.

After reading others deals in here, seems like its an "average deal" which I'll take given my options around here. We have one VW/Audi dealer here in Des Moines, so you're in a bit of a fix. They don't participate in TrueCar or anything like that either, so you are on your ..... wide for me to give it away to the dealer :)

Thanks for reading.

That's not an average deal it's pretty solid from what numbers I've been getting. Great job !

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
2016 GTI SE DSG 4dr with lightning $28,500

MSRP $31,840

Rubber floor mats
Cargo liner
Cargo blocks
Roadside assistance kit

Then bought a set of mudflaps for $80

shl615

2016 SEL

I just bought a 2016 SEL with the lighting & driver assistance package for 28676. It's in CA so with tax and everything 30222 out the door. Can anyone comment if it was a good deal or not? Thanks!

MSRP: 30970 including destination

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Bought my GTI 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

2016 GTI SE PP/LP/6MT
Monster Mats, First Aid kit, Roadside assistance, cargo blocks (all thrown in for free)

$28,000 in So Cal (VW of Garden Grove)

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
3 door GTI S in Pure White with 6MT.
MSRP - 26k
Negotiated Price - 22.5k
OTD - 24650

I felt happy and comfortable with purchasing this car for 1500 below my budget!

d4dawg

Ready to race!
Bought my GTI 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

2016 GTI SE PP/LP/6MT
Monster Mats, First Aid kit, Roadside assistance, cargo blocks (all thrown in for free)

$28,000 in So Cal (VW of Garden Grove)

Did that include any VW bonus money?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Did that include any VW bonus money?

Yes it did include $1500 Conquest cash. The price was after dealer fees but not tax/title/license. I tried pushing down about 5 dealers further but this was the best anyone would do. MSRP for the car was just shy of $32.5k.