GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix HID Projector Headlights - Golf 7 Lighting Package (FREE HID Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonej4

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. Headlights look great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pikkagtr

Ready to race!
Are you located in the BAY AREA? Can some one like me pick them up from you instead of shipping?
Interested in the Red version
please pm me for details thanks!

Pandonsf

Received my set, pretty bummed with the quality. They look ok, but the plastic screws for adjusting the left or right is so cheap. Stripped with one turn.

Also when adjusting them you cannot get the light cutoff To be horizontal with the ground. If you do use the static adjusters enough to get it horizontal you get really bad gaps between the bumper and bottom of the light.

Also the cutoff is not clean and there isn’t much vertical adjustment for the light output. Also the driver side has a little dust inside too.

Have used both the static adjusters and the other screw adjustments to try to get the light output to look good and not have crazy gaps between the lights and bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
Installation Note

Received my set, pretty bummed with the quality. They look ok, but the plastic screws for adjusting the left or right is so cheap. Stripped with one turn.

Also when adjusting them you cannot get the light cutoff To be horizontal with the ground. If you do use the static adjusters enough to get it horizontal you get really bad gaps between the bumper and bottom of the light.

Also the cutoff is not clean and there isn’t much vertical adjustment for the light output. Also the driver side has a little dust inside too.

Have used both the static adjusters and the other screw adjustments to try to get the light output to look good and not have crazy gaps between the lights and bumper

Replied to your email.

NOTE

For those adjusting, we highly advise not using a phillips to adjust your beam pattern. Use a metric hex bit to adjust the lights. When installing you should center both the horizontal and vertical adjusters. Install the lights and only use the static adjusters to set the primary positioning of the lights and beam pattern. Then use the external horizontal and vertical adjusters to 'fine tune' the beam.

If the adjusters are stripping its most likely that the adjusters are overclocked. (Especially using a phillips) The heads will strip prior to breaking an internal joint. The external adjuster pieces can be replaced (modular), the internal joints/adjusters cannot be so please keep that in mind.

Pandonsf

Replied to your email.

NOTE

For those adjusting, we highly advise not using a phillips to adjust your beam pattern. Use a metric hex bit to adjust the lights. When installing you should center both the horizontal and vertical adjusters. Install the lights and only use the static adjusters to set the primary positioning of the lights and beam pattern. Then use the external horizontal and vertical adjusters to 'fine tune' the beam.

If the adjusters are stripping its most likely that the adjusters are overclocked. (Especially using a phillips) The heads will strip prior to breaking an internal joint. The external adjuster pieces can be replaced (modular), the internal joints/adjusters cannot be so please keep that in mind.

Still shoddy quality, wish I didn’t waste the money on these and waited for the Ed’s to get back in stock.

There is not enough adjustment to get the light output horizontal and good enough without sacrificing figment with the bumper and grill lines.

Also on the top the light bleeds through the black plastic or paint. And there is a gob of sealant coming out of one.

Last edited:

Kytn

Hey OPDparts, I’ve had my lights for almost a year now but was thinking about changing the bulbs to a bluer color. Which HID kit did you guys use? Hylux or Morimoto? Thanks!

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
Hey OPDparts, I’ve had my lights for almost a year now but was thinking about changing the bulbs to a bluer color. Which HID kit did you guys use? Hylux or Morimoto? Thanks!

The kit is a Lucid kit, you can use any D2 bulb with amp connectors. They are all mostly interchangeable.

catsnstuff

Hey OPD parts

My headlights are super chewed up from a few mountain drives behind some cars with sticky tires. Like really chewed up. Is it possible to have them polished/restored by a detailer?

I notice there seems to be a layer on top of the main lenses, that can chip away. Polishing it would likely completely remove this layer.

What do you recommend i do besides just buying another set

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
Hey OPD parts

My headlights are super chewed up from a few mountain drives behind some cars with sticky tires. Like really chewed up. Is it possible to have them polished/restored by a detailer?

I notice there seems to be a layer on top of the main lenses, that can chip away. Polishing it would likely completely remove this layer.

What do you recommend i do besides just buying another set

You can wetsand that UV coating off and I'd recommend Lamin-X over them. This will protect the lens from haze and chips.

You can do it yourself using a 3M Lens restoration kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.