GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift knob DSG wont shift fix

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Here's what happened my knob button depressed and wouldnt come back up. couldn't shift into reverse or park. Couldn't remove keys from ignition.

First you pry off the dsg cover see pic one.
Second pry up boot retaining clips.
Remove boot.
I didn't have string, I had pipe cleaners but it's just a simple thread it through shifter and pull up fish it back on reattach. Unless it's broke. Mine only slipped. Get back to letting it rip!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SM075180

Ready to race!
Here's what happened my knob button depressed and wouldnt come back up. couldn't shift into reverse or park. Couldn't remove keys from ignition.

First you pry off the dsg cover see pic one.
Second pry up boot retaining clips.
Remove boot.
I didn't have string, I had pipe cleaners but it's just a simple thread it through shifter and pull up fish it back on reattach. Unless it's broke. Mine only slipped. Get back to letting it rip!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

At least on my MT the boot can be removed by pressing “through” the front of the boot to push the marked tabs (2) out of their latched position and you can the lift it free without the use of pry tools.

I assume this would also work for DSG (but can’t be certain of course) as the tabs appear to lock from the same direction.

I’m happy you were able to resolve your issue! Just trying to help others, who may encounter this issue, avoid damaging their plastic trims by using prying tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro