GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yellow fog bulbs?

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
I don't like having the yellow tint on all the time on the fog lights. Is there a bulb that is a bit yellower than the stock ones for the fog light?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Are you looking for yellow fogs LEDs or halogens?

The yellow LEDs all have a yellow cover over the LED itself and the yellow in the reflector will make the lens appear yellow. Do you want to avoid the lens looking yellow? Or do you just not want to deal with placing a yellow film over the lens?

We always found the best hyper yellow color result would be a very bright and very clean white LED fog & a layer or two of yellow film over the lens.

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
Whatever gets the job done, really. Which is why I'm eschewing the bluish stock bulbs for something with a bit of yellow in it. Never liked the yellowed-out looks, but I'm fine with a slight yellow tinge due to the reflection of the lens itself. Don't want to be messing about with no films.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Whatever gets the job done, really. Which is why I'm eschewing the bluish stock bulbs for something with a bit of yellow in it. Never liked the yellowed-out looks, but I'm fine with a slight yellow tinge due to the reflection of the lens itself. Don't want to be messing about with no films.

If you are not set on the yellow look we'd suggest a brighter clean white LED. If done correctly it gives the best light output.

Yellow fog + covering (that is the only way to do it) will still give you a full yellow looking lens when the light is off.

See here:

Listing:
http://deautokey.com/product/new-de360-complete-led-fog-light-kit-fits-2015-mk7-golf

But your GTI normally has LEDs already - do you have the h11/8 fog halogen bulb in your car?