GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lockwood Door Sill Protectors

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

JKC789

These mount outside the light strip do they not? So LED not covered.
Matter of teste but for me the Sillguard design is a better option. For me they also look better. Some pics in my build thread. Look at first page for link.

Those look good. They seem to offer the best protection.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
I just installed these the other day on my R. It only covers the painted body panels, so it doesn't cover any LEDs.

Easy install, fitment is excellent. Quick shipping too, got to SoCal in 2 days! Added some nice protection to the door sill. Only thing is the OEM plastic in the rear looks out of place now.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Yes :)

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Damn, I need these. My sill is worn to bare metal from the grit that falls on it and gets ground between the sill and the door bottom. I live on a dirt road, and no matter how careful I am, there's not stopping the grit. I still think I'm going to have the body shop paint and refinish it first though, when I have a door ding taken out. Then I think something like one of these.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Oh, and if anyone is wondering, if you have this issue (paint scraped off the door sill, driver's side), according to the service manager at my dealership it's because dirt gets in between the sill and the bottom edge of the door and acts like sandpaper. Apparently the fit is a lot tighter than on any other car I've had (price to pay for good construction?). In any event, it's not a warranty thing, as it's considered an external factor. I live on a dirt road, and dirt and dust is everywhere, and in just over two years it's scraped an eight inch long or so strip on the edge of the sill down to bare metal.

I'm having the car in to a body shop for a door ding removal early next month, so I asked them to go ahead and fix this too; after that, I'll put on some form of protector. But it's costing like six hundred bucks for a professional refinishing job, which includes removing the weather stripping and stuff to make sure the whole area is refinished properly.

tl;dr, put on those protectors now, before the sandpaper grit from hell gets you.