GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Planning for a new clutch

Da_Knob

I've got a 17 Golf R with manual and Stage 1 Unitronic tune. My clutch has been slipping on occasion. Noticeable on hills in 4 and 5th when I start getting on the gas. I've searched and read previous posts, but don't have a clear idea what I should opt for. I'm looking for a good daily setup that wont overly change the refinement of the car. I've heard single mass causes chatter...some say you barely hear it. I'm willing to live with a small amount of noise to get a clutch setup that i can launch hard on occasion...but I don't want a car that gets ugly noisy and hard to sell in a couple of years.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
DKM twin disk.

https://youtu.be/_vf1l0nbyL4">https://youtu.be/_vf1l0nbyL4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

drshark

Ready to race!
Only a couple months into my Unitronic Stage 1 tune, but I really like the TTRS clutch. I’ve had the car fully loaded with people and luggage in the mountains without any issues. Very OEM feel, just a little more spring (leg) force.

If it’s good enough for Audi at 350 ft-lbs, I would think it should last a lifetime of Unitronic Stage 1 of the same torque. And $100’s cheaper than the aftermarket options.

But, probably not the answer if you’re headed for even more torque down the road...

john_t

Only a couple months into my Unitronic Stage 1 tune, but I really like the TTRS clutch. I’ve had the car fully loaded with people and luggage in the mountains without any issues. Very OEM feel, just a little more spring (leg) force.

If it’s good enough for Audi at 350 ft-lbs, I would think it should last a lifetime of Unitronic Stage 1 of the same torque. And $100’s cheaper than the aftermarket options.

But, probably not the answer if you’re headed for even more torque down the road...

TTRS hybrid clutch did not hold stage 2 power for me.
South Bend Stage 3 Daily has been a very welcome upgrade .

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
TTRS hybrid clutch did not hold stage 2 power for me.
South Bend Stage 3 Daily has been a very welcome upgrade .

You aren't the first to say the TTRS upgrade didn't hold stage 2. For that reason I went with the DKM Twin Disk but would also recommend the South Bend Stage 3 as well.