GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MSS vs. PS4 actual track data anyone?

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
I am in the process of going from Super Sports to PS4's and have a few track days coming up. (I've done a number of days on the Super Sports)

Has anyone switched and done the same track with each? I've read all the positive subjective stuff about the PS4's, but would like to hear some actual side by side numbers and feedback on the same track.

Thanks.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I have run PS4’s at VIR but cannot give you a baseline comparison to the MSS.

I did attend a presentation by some Michelin engineers. The PS4’s are meant to be fractionally better than the Super Sports in every aspect with the added bonus of longevity which enabled Michelin to provide a 30,000 mile mileage guarantee.

The PS4’s are 6-seconds faster around VIR than the Bridgestone A/S. They are awesome in the rain. I did not have to give a single point by on a very wet Saturday at the track. They make plenty of noise as you approach the limit. I’m impressed with their performance and will definitely buy them again. If they came in 15” I would buy them as my wet tire for my Mini.

I have 6-hard track days on them plus 10,000 miles and I have 50% tread.

https://youtu.be/3G2QnKKULTU

PS4’s should be marginally better. Definitely not worse than the MSS. You are not going to see a huge improvement in times over the MSS based on what we were told by the Michelin engineers. Just better life.