GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Negative Camber Strut Mounts

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Rumor mill alert: I had heard about the possible development on vortex and confirmed with 034 that they are currently developing fixed position negative camber strut mounts. They are currently being tested on their shop MK7, S3, and MK3 TT RS cars.

Apparently they are supposed to provide around 2 degrees of negative camber but I guess we will see what comes out of testing.

The release date is TBD. Now let's just hope they aren't $$$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
that would be good.
Dinan made this type of thing for BMWs, basically added around -0.7. It also added 1/8 to a 1/4 ride height. Their design worked with the oem mount. People claimed minimal added nvh.

Would think 034 would have to design a new mount top to bottom.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
The MQB platform needs front camber adjustment outside of moving to camber plates. I have been hoping to see SuperPro release adjustable ball joints for the MK7 like on the MK6.

Fingers crossed there is a good option coming!

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
that would be good.
Dinan made this type of thing for BMWs, basically added around -0.7. It also added 1/8 to a 1/4 ride height. Their design worked with the oem mount. People claimed minimal added nvh.

Would think 034 would have to design a new mount top to bottom.

I would welcome another 1/8 to 1/4" ride height in the front.

And yes I can't imagine it not being a complete redesign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
yeah the dome for the oem mount would be hard to carry over.

springs are also a limiting factor on how much change can be provided. For my GSW with adjustable plates, I can't quite add -1.5 on one side due to spring rub on the tower.
edit:
you can see how close it gets even with coil over springs, here:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=524952
I think my stock springs may have larger od.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Subbed

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
The MQB platform needs front camber adjustment outside of moving to camber plates. I have been hoping to see SuperPro release adjustable ball joints for the MK7 like on the MK6.

Fingers crossed there is a good option coming!

Acccording to the following response, it's not going to happen:

"Sorry, no adjustable ball joint in the works for the MK7 any longer as the packaging limits the ability to offer adjustment and proper geometry thereafter.

Kind Regards,
Brett Hauschild
North American Sales Manager
1583 El Camino Real | Millbrae | CA | 94030
Phone: +1 650 362 8016
Mobile: +1 650 796 4677
Email: bretth@superpro.com.au
Web: www.SuperProUSA.com"

CSS swivels will provide additional (fixed) negative camber.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Sub'd. My prayers have been heard ��

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
for $250 or less, they should sell well.

regarding adjustable plates, mine are quite tolerable though I'm riding on 15s and keeping the front suspension soft. The increased steering feel and response is a plus. might push others over the nvh cliff with 18s and aggressive setup elsewhere.

it will be interesting to see 034's approach especially if they're adding more than -1.0

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Bump for info

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Any issue with the top of new mount being metal and mounting up to a painted metal frame member? I know if installed right should not move but wondering about over time if it will develop issues.

With more camber is this more a track set up or daily driver usable?
On older tires I see inside edge wear now up front and with more camber would this increase.

Are these the units you have been developing for over a year now? I talked to 034 a good while ago and they had started to test a new mount. Any issue with noise?

This unit does not use the OE bearing? Looks like OE bearing sits in same spot between it and shock.