GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Last night I participated in a webinar hosted by Ross Bentley from Speed Secrets. Went about 2 hours, all about understanding your car and analyzing your inputs on the track to get closer to the 10/10 line. Had a few other track guys there, found it to be very informative. If you'd like to join in future things like this let me know.

https://speedsecrets.com/

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Anyone working on anything cool this weekend?

Doing a timing chain tensioner job for a mk6 guy tomorrow and then replacing injectors on an older A4.

If I have time I'll throw in the new raxles on my track car that just arrived yesterday...

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Nice little Saturday. Timing chain tensioner on a mk6. Injectors on an A4.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nice i like me a nice A4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
They are stronger. Hold up better to track abuse. More of a peace of mind thing for me being the car sees 10-15 track days a year.

Ah so like drive shaft shop axles on other platforms. I was thinking the cv joint was different somehow haha.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Ah so like drive shaft shop axles on other platforms. I was thinking the cv joint was different somehow haha.
Yes exactly. Doesnt add any performance. With a mechanical lsd and sticky tires can never be too safe when it comes to axles

desavesworld

New Mk7 owner with basic questions

Hey all,

I'm new to the MK7 and VW community with a recent purchase of a used 2015 SEL with 36500 miles on it. Got some questions that I'm hoping someone with experience in here can help with.

What are the required services for this vehicle? The dealer said something about a 40k mile service checkup.

Has anyone had any problems with the starter on these cars? I recently had an issue where the car didn't start after it not being started in 5 days. Autozone did a battery check and found an error with the starter. (alternator and battery is fine)

Is there a way to see the tire pressure that the car was is set at and a real-time monitoring of the actual tire pressure?

I have a Discovery Media Pro Gen 1:
Part number 5G0035876
Hardware:014
Software:0645

Can it be updated to a newer version of Apple Play?

Excited to learn more about my new car,
d