GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2001 Volkswagen Golf GLS 1.8T

davidd_

I found a 2001 Volkswagen Golf GLS 1.8T for sale at a used dealership for $5,999 with only 57,000 miles. I was wondering how reliable are those engines and what are things to look for when I check it out. Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Zoolook

Ready to race!
I found a 2001 Volkswagen Golf GLS 1.8T for sale at a used dealership for $5,999 with only 57,000 miles. I was wondering how reliable are those engines and what are things to look for when I check it out. Any help will be appreciated.

Dealers are hilarious... they offered me $6,000 trade in on my 2011 MKVI Golf with 30k on the clock a few months ago.

To answer your question, very low mileage old cars are sometimes a concern because it could be an indication the car was used for very short trips for a long time, which isn't usually that great for the engine.

davidd_

Dealers are hilarious... they offered me $6,000 trade in on my 2011 MKVI Golf with 30k on the clock a few months ago.

To answer your question, very low mileage old cars are sometimes a concern because it could be an indication the car was used for very short trips for a long time, which isn't usually that great for the engine.
Really? They are the best when it comes to that. Yeah that car might not be used to long drives and I do a lot of commuting to and from work. I'm just worried about maintenance down the road.

\w/

Ready to race!
its a 15 year old car...

$5,999 isn't anywhere near what it's worth. Look around on CL, in excellent condition they go for ~$3,500

Last edited: