GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

cobb tuning question

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Let me see if I can set something up but it will be after the holidays, if anything.

Definitely after the holidays. My schedule is booked up through most of January.

Swoope

Ready to race!
Worse in what way?

-- Ed

the stock tune at least kept the revs up and held them on track.

the dsg tune would allow hi rpms on street, but would not hold them.

i am sure that has been improved. these were observations from my 15. stock vs dsg tune.

with the 17, the stock is better. but still does not hold the revs up high enough on a road course. or maybe need new turbo. lol

beers

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
the stock tune at least kept the revs up and held them on track.

the dsg tune would allow hi rpms on street, but would not hold them.

i am sure that has been improved. these were observations from my 15. stock vs dsg tune.

with the 17, the stock is better. but still does not hold the revs up high enough on a road course. or maybe need new turbo. lol

beers

You should try my dsg tune out at some point. I’m also happy to make tweaks to it depending on preference.

— Ed

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
You should try my dsg tune out at some point. I’m also happy to make tweaks to it depending on preference.

— Ed

Hey Ed, do you have a DSG tune for the stock turbo? Shift points would be different for your turbo vs stock I assume.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Hey Ed, do you have a DSG tune for the stock turbo? Shift points would be different for your turbo vs stock I assume.

Ed made me a DSG profile for my Is20 GTI. It’s way better than the Cobb Sport one. D is very daily driver friendly while S is just stupid fun. S always seems to be hanging out in the RPM sweet spots ready to go when you need it, it’s a blast and shifts very well.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Ed made me a DSG profile for my Is20 GTI. It’s way better than the Cobb Sport one. D is very daily driver friendly while S is just stupid fun. S always seems to be hanging out in the RPM sweet spots ready to go when you need it, it’s a blast and shifts very well.

Good feedback - thx.

I’ve held off on the DSG tune. I didn’t like the lack of detail on the Cobb rollout regarding how they were handling clutch pressures and such. I don’t know how critical the tune is for that vs the ECU handling it. I really haven’t seen much on what a custom DSG tune gives you over a base map. Customizing shift points would be a given, but I assume there’s more to it than that.

@Ed @ EQT, I didn’t see DSG tuning priced stand alone on your website. You may want to split that out somewhere.

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Good feedback - thx.

I’ve held off on the DSG tune. I didn’t like the lack of detail on the Cobb rollout regarding how they were handling clutch pressures and such. I don’t know how critical the tune is for that vs the ECU handling it. I really haven’t seen much on what a custom DSG tune gives you over a base map. Customizing shift points would be a given, but I assume there’s more to it than that.

@Ed @ EQT, I didn’t see DSG tuning priced stand alone on your website. You may want to split that out somewhere.

The DSG tune also allows the TCU to react to higher torque levels by increasing clamping pressure on the clutches. This is key when running significantly higher torque levels. The rest is all about making the car fun and smooth to drive by dialing in the shift points in both regular and sport modes.

I need to go through and make a couple e-tuning product pages for ECU and TCU tuning separated from AP purchases. In the meantime, you can order tuning by contact me here, via e-mail or calling the shop at 707-425-2137.

Custom ECU e-tunes are $400-$500 depending on setup. Base maps are $150 and TCU maps are $100.

Thanks
-- Ed

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
The DSG tune also allows the TCU to react to higher torque levels by increasing clamping pressure on the clutches. This is key when running significantly higher torque levels. The rest is all about making the car fun and smooth to drive by dialing in the shift points in both regular and sport modes.

I need to go through and make a couple e-tuning product pages for ECU and TCU tuning separated from AP purchases. In the meantime, you can order tuning by contact me here, via e-mail or calling the shop at 707-425-2137.

Custom ECU e-tunes are $400-$500 depending on setup. Base maps are $150 and TCU maps are $100.

Thanks
-- Ed

Thanks Ed.

Are the clamping pressures handled automatically by the TCU, or are those customized as well? I've never been clear on whether TCU tunes simply remove the stock limits or do something more involved there.