GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Power Folding Mirrors

MAULET

Hey guys!
I'm looking to upgrade to the Power Folding Mirrors on my MK7. I've seen some online, specially on Alibaba, and they've got some tempting prices? My question is have any of you bought PFM from Alibaba? If so what's your experience? Any links?

Enviado desde mi SM-G9650 mediante Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
What price range are you seeing on Ali, and for which parts? Ie: just the housings or...? And do you need the ones with Blind Spot Monitoring?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Just get OEM ones from the Chinese market on Aliexpress

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I've been looking at the Aliexpress PFMs as well, waiting to pull the trigger. $200 shipped to USA is pretty damn good, and the photos look great, but I do worry about the quality. Are they really CN OEM or just aftermarket clones?

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I actually just installed a set of Ali power folding mirrors on my GTI. I did the smoked progressive turn signals too!

The mirrors look great and the install is pretty straight forward. They will need to be coded though. I really like the led puddle lights that come with the mirrors too (also require coding). The drivers glass is slightly aspherical, which took some getting used to... It's been a week and I like it now. They're basically blindspot mirrors now.

The signals took forever to come in. They were held up in customs over Thanksgiving week, so it's understandable. That install was a bit of a pain, but not too bad. They don't require coding and look awesome. My only complaint, is that you basically lose the little orange signal you see from inside the car (glass side). Since it's smoked, the light that shines through here is very dim and unnoticeable. But... if you go for the clear progressive signals, you won't have this issue.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I can post some installed pics or vids later if you want.

Last edited:

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
I actually just installed a set of Ali power folding mirrors on my GTI. I did the smoked progressive turn signals too!

The mirrors look great and the install is pretty straight forward. They will need to be coded though. I really like the led puddle lights that come with the mirrors too (also require coding). The drivers glass is slightly aspherical, which took some getting used to... It's been a week and I like it now. They're basically blindspot mirrors now.

The signals took forever to come in. They were held up in customs over Thanksgiving week, so it's understandable. That install was a bit of a pain, but not too bad. They don't require coding and look awesome. My only complaint, is that you basically lose the little orange signal you see from inside the car (glass side). Since it's smoked, the light that shines through here is very dim and unnoticeable. But... if you go for the clear progressive signals, you won't have this issue.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I can post some installed pics or vids later if you want.

ive read good reviews on PFMs from Aliexpress on the other forum. do you have a link to the ones you bought? i'm def getting one after i buy my Radar Detector :D

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
Not to thread jack

Thought I would ask here instead of starting a new thread for a simple question..

So I won my company fantasy football league and hit the pot of 400.00. Wanted to get some the auto side folding mirrors for gti . Anyone got a link or can recommend which ones to get ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion

MAULET

What price range are you seeing on Ali, and for which parts? Ie: just the housings or...? And do you need the ones with Blind Spot Monitoring?
I'd like just the foldable ones since they are cheaper, but if you can point me towards a good deal on mirrors with blind spot monitoring that'd be great. I'm looking for options, but the main thing is that they have to fit like OEM's.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I'd like just the foldable ones since they are cheaper, but if you can point me towards a good deal on mirrors with blind spot monitoring that'd be great. I'm looking for options, but the main thing is that they have to fit like OEM's.

If your car doesn’t have BSM already, you would have to also replace/install other hardware (door modules etc). In your case, best to stick with non-BSM, IMO.

I don’t have the part numbers for the non-BSM housings. Maybe find them via search, and check the e-acca.com website for pricing. I bought all my OEM mirror stuff from them.

I paid $157 for each housing, $29 for the switch, and $0.48 for each door panel clip. Shipping was $32 (back in Aug 2017).

5G0959565AGICX - mirror switch
7L6868243 - door clips

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
If your car doesn’t have BSM already, you would have to also replace/install other hardware (door modules etc). In your case, best to stick with non-BSM, IMO.

I don’t have the part numbers for the non-BSM housings. Maybe find them via search, and check the e-acca.com website for pricing. I bought all my OEM mirror stuff from them.

I paid $157 for each housing, $29 for the switch, and $0.48 for each door panel clip. Shipping was $32 (back in Aug 2017).

5G0959565AGICX - mirror switch
7L6868243 - door clips

I know you've posted this elsewhere, but can you supply the part #s for your BSM folding mirrors that you got on e-acca? I can't find that other thread.

Edit: never mind, I found it!