GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: OEM Lighting Package (AFS Bi-xenon) Retrofit

lolmx

Hmm, I see your issue; this is confusing. I looked at the DCC schematic and the level sensor same pins go directly to DCC module. Did not see a parallel path going from level sensor to the AFS module. I could speculate that the CAN bus which is connected to both DCC module and AFS modules provides required data to AFS from DCC; however, the key word is speculation. The HID AFS schematic does not show a difference for DCC equipment. Sorry, not sure what is going on here. Both schematic for DCC and HID show only one left G76 sensor.

If it was me (glad it is not:D), I would proceed with the assumption that AFS is getting required data from sensor through bus and therefore would not hook up wires from level sensor to AFS. It might not work, but it will provide a good data point and should not cause any problems with DCC and AFS modules (by tying them to same signal) or additional work. If that does not work, I would then consider tying the signals together. Think about that long and hard first... I'm spit balling here.

I think you may be right with your assumption, i picked up a AFS module from a crashed car that had both xenons and dcc and came with a bit of the wiring harness.

found 4 orange wires and power/ground on it, Might work out after all!!

Will update once i gather all the parts i need and have a go

IMG_6936.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

Motorsport36

Passed Driver's Ed
I was fortunate enough to pick up a set of stock lights with the ballasts. I do not have any interest running the AFS. Does that change the install? Make it easier?

Sammie M

VW Golf GTI MK7.5 headlight retrofit to Mk7

Hi,
Do you know of a procedure to complete the modification of a MK7 to a MK7.5 font end face lift to include the GTI Redline BI-Xenon headlights?

Kind regards
Sam

Sammie M

Hi,
Would you please send me your wiring schematic? I can't see it on here anywhere just now.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Sam

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hi,

Do you know of a procedure to complete the modification of a MK7 to a MK7.5 font end face lift to include the GTI Redline BI-Xenon headlights?

Kind regards

Sam

Doesn’t the the MK7 to MK7.5 requires new hood and fenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorsport36

Passed Driver's Ed
I have oem lights with no desire to run afs. Does that change/make it easier instal? I literally just need the lights to work.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I have oem lights with no desire to run afs. Does that change/make it easier instal? I literally just need the lights to work.

If you are saying you have halogen and just want HID with no AFS then you just need replica lights. That is just simple headlight swap and adjust. I discussed in article.

"Opinion: I definitely would not purchase the OEM lights if I was not interested in the AFS functionality. I would use Ed’s lights. Ed’s may not be as pretty when looked at from the engine bay, and are a little susceptible to vibration (tend to bounce more) and I prefer the softer edge of the light from the OEM. However, the LED blinker, double U DRL, cost and ease of install outweigh these minor quibbles. However, I am modifying for AFS as we want a smart light that changes position of light with pitch, steering and speed. Driving with AFS and cornering lights is pretty cool. I am easily amused, but I was absolutely giddy seeing the lights swing back to straight coming out of corner. In my opinion, having lights point where you are headed is vastly superior. Also, the cornering lights are quite useful. I will changing the bulb to something more white, a number of threads on this."

Motorsport36

Passed Driver's Ed
If you are saying you have halogen and just want HID with no AFS then you just need replica lights. That is just simple headlight swap and adjust. I discussed in article.

"Opinion: I definitely would not purchase the OEM lights if I was not interested in the AFS functionality. I would use Ed’s lights. Ed’s may not be as pretty when looked at from the engine bay, and are a little susceptible to vibration (tend to bounce more) and I prefer the softer edge of the light from the OEM. However, the LED blinker, double U DRL, cost and ease of install outweigh these minor quibbles. However, I am modifying for AFS as we want a smart light that changes position of light with pitch, steering and speed. Driving with AFS and cornering lights is pretty cool. I am easily amused, but I was absolutely giddy seeing the lights swing back to straight coming out of corner. In my opinion, having lights point where you are headed is vastly superior. Also, the cornering lights are quite useful. I will changing the bulb to something more white, a number of threads on this."

I did read that and I appreciate the knowledge. They were free of a salvage rear ended car so I was just curious. Ie Ed’s cost me money...these cost me nothing.

Thanks

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Do the European Halogen to Bi-Xenon harnesses work for USDM Mk7s who want to run the OEM lights without all the bells and whistles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
For some reason I am having a problem inserting quotes. This response to the last two posts.

Motorsport36, OK I understand the reason for the question, free is good:).

Per my understanding, you would at minimum have to have a harness adapter and run the wire to BCM for the shutter, then do all the coding changes. Headlights should work just no AFS

Same applies to last post, just an adapter, shutter wires to bcm and coding.

Motorsport36

Passed Driver's Ed
For some reason I am having a problem inserting quotes. This response to the last two posts.

Motorsport36, OK I understand the reason for the question, free is good:).

Per my understanding, you would at minimum have to have a harness adapter and run the wire to BCM for the shutter, then do all the coding changes. Headlights should work just no AFS

Same applies to last post, just an adapter, shutter wires to bcm and coding.

Thanks!