GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD keyless boot opening issue

Two-Phones-Eddie

Hi, first post on here as I’ve just picked my 2013 GTD...first impressions, should of bought a GTI. Anyway, I’m having issues with my keyless boot opening and have tried to Google this with limited results or exact same info. Issue is I can only open the boot while pressing the boot button on the key fob, every other way doesn’t work including unlocking the whole car and trying to open the boot with the badge....just no joy except the button. Any ideas on this one, anything to try?

Thanks

Adam

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
If you go to the car settings in the infotainment there should be a setting to change this. Did you test drive a gti?

Two-Phones-Eddie

I didn’t test drive a GTI, just I’ve never owned a diesel always performance petrols as such so it’s the agricultural noise around town that’s annoying me at the moment. Going to start doing more mileage so decided to have a GTD. I’ll have a look in the settings and see if I can change something

Thanks

Adam

Two-Phones-Eddie

Looks like it’s a proper issue, took it back to VW and they need it in for a few days... might be a Canbus error or wiring issue... the Tech couldn’t even get in the boot at all when they had it

Two-Phones-Eddie

That's not so good. I take it you bought the car from vw?

Yeah it's back with VW, went in Thursday morning for a planned 5-6 hours but heard nothing back from them since so I've been stuck with an UP! and I'm guessing i'll have it till Monday now. When I spoke to one of the Tech's before it went in he thought it could need a new wiring loom (to the boot I'm guessing) so we will wait and see

Adam