GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.8tsi stength? How much can it hold?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
That's what the 2.0t can hold at least. What's the most anyone's made on the 1.8t yet? I think the most I've heard is ~400whp?

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
The 1.8 and the 2.0 are different not in just displacement but in metallurgy of the pistons and crank. The 2.0 is more robust. I have asked this question before in my 1.8t stroker post. If say something did happen to my IS20 Alltrack I would certainly not put another 1.8 in, I would want to increase displacement and put in a premium rotating assembly. So, would I try pushing a 1.8 to 400hp on a daily basis?..........no

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The pistons are different material from the 1.8 to the 2.0? Are you sure and how are you sure?

I don’t know what people’s obsession is on stroking the 1.8 vs putting in a 2.0 block which is cheaper and stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
Cuz breaking point on 2.0tsi is normally due to tq. Vvt works wonders.. for us to hit 400wtq is much farter into rpm ban where stresses will be much less. So all in all. Thats where i stand. Seeing that 11.44@120 car failed from fueling issue. And the 32psi dbv2 20’timing car also failes from a fueling issues. Its safe to say my guesses are pretty spot on

Plus theres a mpi fbo boss500 alltrack supposedly putting down some power.

Seen 2.0 pistion rods crank. Seen 1.8 pistons rods and crank. Pretty beefy. Whoop whoop. Send it yall

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
The pistons are different material from the 1.8 to the 2.0? Are you sure and how are you sure?

I don’t know what people’s obsession is on stroking the 1.8 vs putting in a 2.0 block which is cheaper and stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with you on that. No point to stoke at all.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
I'm curious if the CNSB/A 1.8Ts can take more power safely since it shares parts with the R and Audis internally

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I'm curious if the CNSB/A 1.8Ts can take more power safely since it shares parts with the R and Audis internally

No one has been able to prove this. Plus it wouldn't be able to share any parts due to stroke difference. The crank throw is shorter. That means it needs less counter balance weight. The rods will be longer to accommodate the shorter stroke, and the pistons may or may not be able to be interchanged. It heavily depends on rod length and pin location. Outside of the rotating assemble and the crank journal size, pretty much everything else is the same besides exhaust cam.