GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gtijake / Baun Performance Videos

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
oh man that sounds ah-mazing......super sexy and I caught a hint of incabin sound that reminded me of offset headers.

GREAT work.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
oh man that sounds ah-mazing......super sexy and I caught a hint of incabin sound that reminded me of offset headers.

GREAT work.

It does have kind of a Subaru burble in cabin, but most of that is attributed to the BFI stage 2 mounts

The exhaust note is amazing on video, I can’t thank Lance enough for his time making that possible, but in person it’s sooo much better. Honestly the kind of note that makes you smile like a fool lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Fighting off the fabrication withdrawals and added a Vibrant resonator to my old mans Cummins.

Same as the Vibrant 17950 I use on mk7, just the 3.5” inlet/outlet version. He was tired of the cabin drone (it was completely straight piped before). Just like on our cars it did the trick! He doubted such a relatively small 18” long x 5” OD resonator could tone down a 5.9L Diesel, but the difference is night and day.

I dont like just adding to existing not so great pieces, but made the exception since he didn’t want a bunch of money wrapped up in it. I did add a v band, otherwise the rear section of the exhaust wouldn’t have been removable for me to TIG weld it, or for any reason in the future for that matter.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Nice work Jake

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I just wanna thank everyone for all the support, I’m SLAMMED with work and have materials arriving literally every day of the week!

Took a few hours to get new tires on a used set of wheels I picked up and had refinished. Here’s the ol work horse shop truck/gti in her new shoes.

Not enough hours in a day, and had my weekend cut short with everyone in the house catching some sort of flu/cold I was lucky enough to dodge. Here’s what I did manage to get done Thursday

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got a rare opportunity at my real job, engine change road trip to Columbus, OH. On the clock 24/7 till it’s done. OT 16 hours per day and 8 hours straight time at night while I sleep (I’m normally on night shift)

Needless to say it’ll be a while till I get back to Baun Performance stuff as doing this type of work outside and 500 miles from our tooling/equipment/parts is logistically challenging.

Prior to leaving for this trip I started a waiting list for taking on new orders Sunday February 3rd. Two people on the list as of now, plus the 8 orders ahead of that so basically booked up through the end of the month at this point.

Thanks again everyone for all the support! Busy like never before, but enjoying every minute of it

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So if I wanted a catted DP to fit my AWE track catback this is it and would mate right up? Do you include C clamps? 3" to 3"? Please pm me I'm thinking of buying one.

Yes I can build my downpipe to fit your AWE exhaust remaining 3”. If your not buying my midpipe it’ll need a separate 3” piece since they use those terrible slip joints which cannot be used directly on a downpipe (not enough room to slip the pieces apart for installation). I do supply clamps with all of my parts.

If you order my catted downpipe and AWE fitment resonated midpipe what you see pictured is exactly what you’d get

PM me if you’d like to get on my waiting list, I’m currently booked out till at least the end of the month