GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Work VSXX fitment

Kyleee

Hi, I have been in this forum everyday since I’ve owned my 18 golf r. This is my first euro car and I am still learning from this forum.

Before I wrote this post, I tried to do some research and asked around but no luck to find answer at all.

I’m thinking to get a set of work vsxx for my summer setup. I was told that
19x8.5 +45 for front and 19x8.5 +42 for rear should fit.

But I concern would be, does the golf r front calipers consider as “big calipers”?
Cuz if I look at the big calipers list from WORK, the spec would change to
19x8.5 +53 instead.

I’m going to leave it as stock suspension for now. I have some questions regarding for the wheel setup,

-does the caliper consider as “big caliper”?:confused:
-can I go with 19x9 +38 for the front and 19x9 +45 for the rear at all? Do I need spacers?:confused:

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, much appreciate.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
The Golf R calipers aren't big by any standard. They're probably referring to an aftermarket big brake kit where you'd be using a 355 or 380mm rotor and a large forged caliper like a Stoptech or Brembo.

As for sizing, with stock suspension you could probably get away with a 19x9, but it would depend on the tire size. I wouldn't recommend going any further than a 235/35, but depending on the tire you might be able to fit something wider.

As for offset, I'd say a +38 is too far out. +45 +48 +50 ... somewhere around there, and even still you might have to do the fender screw mod in the front. Stock, you can generally fit around an extra 15mm out in the front, and 20mm in the rear for flush. Also, I wouldn't bother trying to get staggered offsets for front / rear ... just means you can't rotate your tires for even wear front to rear. If you want a more flush setup, just use spacers. Then again, if you want to install coilovers, camber plates, and other stuff you can fit a whole lot more under there.

Use this site for a good baseline of what you can fit:

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
I don't have all the answers but I'll try to help. I'm looking at the Work size chart, they have 4 different wheel faces listed in order of largest lip size:

O-disk
A-disk
R-disk (big caliper)
T-disk (big caliper)

8.5" +45 is probably the ideal size, that is an A-disk fitment with 47mm lip. +42 is an O-disk fitment with 59mm lip. I could see the advantage of that setup if you want a staggered look with larger lip in the rear. It's hard to say if that 47mm lip would be a problem in front though without seeing the exact wheel face and spoke shape.

R-disk should be safe for the front, but 8.5" choices are +53 or +40. I'd go +40 if I had to pick, could be a bit aggressive for stock height car.

Kyleee

Thank you so much guys. Much appreciate.

I'm located in Edmonton, AB and it's hard to do a test fit. That's why I need to do the measurements before I placed the deposit.

I'm gonna do some more diggings. Thanks again guys!!!