GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running the VWR Springs/Strut kit?

teemmy

Ready to race!
Some good info on this thread - the suspension is definitely firmer and stiffer than stock. I went through a few iterations and put in full length stock bump stops. You will ride much lower if you trim the rear bump stops.

I decided to take off the rear dampers and switch back to stock dampers matched with the racingline springs because the ride quality was much too harsh. It was not a big deal when i was by myself, but the car was overly dampened for my taste and you would definitely feel it in your gut when you went over a high speed bump on the freeway...

My wife also really didn’t like the change and started hating riding in my car [emoji23]

That being said - definitely decreases the body roll quite a bit and the car stays planted in turns. It’s a good conservative drop as well. You will feel every bump in the road for sure though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
This kit seems like a really solid value for set of matched springs and sport dampers. I like the ride of my MSS adjustable kit for the most part, as it is very comfortable but I am somehwat dubious of how good the performance is with stock non dcc struts.

This VWR kit seems like a mild enough drop for me, they are matched with sport dampers, and I wont have uneeded adjuster and sleeves taking up suspension travel.

Just need to confirm these are linear springs? Anyone else get a set yet?

We have one reviewer that loves them and finds them to be a comfortable ride even on 19’s, and the other likes the handling but not the harshness/stiffness in the rear.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Teemy, you were riding on the bumpstops with the racingline dampers but not the OE dampers?

Cptnjosh- one other consideration is warranty. 2 years on these dampers.

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Teemy, you were riding on the bumpstops with the racingline dampers but not the OE dampers?

Cptnjosh- one other consideration is warranty. 2 years on these dampers.

Good point on the warranty consideration. When the OE dampers go, I will most likely be looking at the Konis at this point or possibly just B4s.