GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7.5 Aftermarket LED Headlights Upgrade

elliotroberts97

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my MK7.5 halogen headlights to the new LED Headlights. I am after a bit of buying advice. I have found these headlights on eBay which seem like a fair deal to me. It says that they are plug and play and that they should not require coding. I'm not an expert so I'm interested to know second opinions as to whether they are genuine or whether I should stay away from them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golf-MK7...rentrq:a428aa351670a860f45112c8fff7cc45|iid:1

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my MK7.5 halogen headlights to the new LED Headlights. I am after a bit of buying advice. I have found these headlights on eBay which seem like a fair deal to me. It says that they are plug and play and that they should not require coding. I'm not an expert so I'm interested to know second opinions as to whether they are genuine or whether I should stay away from them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golf-MK7...rentrq:a428aa351670a860f45112c8fff7cc45|iid:1

Obviously they're not genuine, but that's not to say they're not any good.

I've bought aftermarket Mk7 style LED headlamps from eBay and they've been decent.. I can't speak for these though.

elliotroberts97

Obviously they're not genuine, but that's not to say they're not any good.

I've bought aftermarket Mk7 style LED headlamps from eBay and they've been decent.. I can't speak for these though.

Thanks for your response.

I brought the lights in the end and they arrived today. They already have a hole with a grommet in the back of them ready for an HID kit, would you be able to recommend or suggest one that I should get?

BrendanBurkeGTI

Passed Driver's Ed

I brought the lights in the end and they arrived today. They already have a hole with a grommet in the back of them ready for an HID kit, would you be able to recommend or suggest one that I should get?

The morimoto elite D2S Kit is generally your best option. I just bought the helix mk7.5 headlights and ran into issues getting the d2s bulb into the headlight housing socket though. Not sure why it wouldn’t fit. D2S is the correct HID kit to get for this headlight though. If anyone knows why the notches wouldn’t line up for me to be able to screw the bulb into the socket let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elliotroberts97

The morimoto elite D2S Kit is generally your best option. I just bought the helix mk7.5 headlights and ran into issues getting the d2s bulb into the headlight housing socket though. Not sure why it wouldn’t fit. D2S is the correct HID kit to get for this headlight though. If anyone knows why the notches wouldn’t line up for me to be able to screw the bulb into the socket let me know.

Those ones you've suggested, just had a look at they are mainly available in the US right? After something I can get easily in the UK

BrendanBurkeGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Those ones you've suggested, just had a look at they are mainly available in the US right? After something I can get easily in the UK

Yes they can be easily obtainable in the US. I am no professional I’m just following what I see online. I got my 7.5 reps from ECS and they recommended a D2S kit.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

Presumably it takes H7 bulbs like mine did, in which case I bought this kit: https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7-hids4u-stealth-55w-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

I opted for 5000K and they're fantastically bright, and don't blind anyone.

Looks like the 55W kit is out of stock but the 35W kit is in stock.

Great quality, and the ballasts mounted directly to my housings (bear in mind I have Mk7 housings as I mentioned previously). I was getting bulb out warnings every now and then and the company sent me a relay kit for free which sorted the problems.

Would recommend.