GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Exhaustive Exhaust Clip Thread

GTIdre1

Ready to race!
No Cobb Love?

I've noticed that too. I'm guessing they're too new in the VW scene to get any love?? They're well reviewed in the Subie/Ford/Mazda world. One of the better exhausts you could get for the Mazdaspeed3. The quality on their CBE for the Mk7/7.5 looks just as good and the price is reasonable as well ($695 on MAPerformance I think). It's my fall back plan if I can't find something cheaper (axle-back or custom).

GTIdre1

Ready to race!
Here's a quick clip of my car vs my friends GTI. Both are stock other than one having the COBB catback.

https://youtu.be/f6n2B5uH5Tc
Sounds good! Whats your opinion on the Cobb? Droney? Worth the money? Compared to other, more popular, exhaust choices?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Sounds good! Whats your opinion on the Cobb? Droney? Worth the money? Compared to other, more popular, exhaust choices?

Right now, on stock downpipe, I give it two thumbs up. Fitment is spot on. Sound is good. There’s no drone for me at any RPM. It’s fairly quiet once off cold start until you open it up and it barks pretty good on gear change. The trick will be if it keeps most of this once I add a downpipe, which will happen eventually.

GTIdre1

Ready to race!
Right now, on stock downpipe, I give it two thumbs up. Fitment is spot on. Sound is good. There’s no drone for me at any RPM. It’s fairly quiet once off cold start until you open it up and it barks pretty good on gear change. The trick will be if it keeps most of this once I add a downpipe, which will happen eventually.
Sounds pretty good!! Definitely a front runner for me. Thanks for sharing your experience. And def keep us posted on your DP experience with the Cobb (that sounds awkward, lol). It looks kinda like a vibrant res up front on their system, so you might be good to go!

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Sounds pretty good!! Definitely a front runner for me. Thanks for sharing your experience. And def keep us posted on your DP experience with the Cobb (that sounds awkward, lol). It looks kinda like a vibrant res up front on their system, so you might be good to go!

Check out my thread in the builds section. There’s a few more pictures in there, and I also took some video unboxing the components. The only snag we had installing was the Y pipe that replaces the rear muffler suitcase section was a little oval shaped... which I think occurred in shipping rather than it being shipped that way. Rounded it back out (I work on heavy equipment so I have tools at my disposal and an anvil to help with that) and everything fell right into place. I’ll edit this post later with a link to my build thread.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Talked to the owner of 42 Draft Designs today. I am awaiting their MK7.5 exhaust to be released and then I will be ordering their stainless steel exhaust with the small resonator. This will be with the stock downpipe as I have no plans to change that out.