GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2000 BMW M Coupe for Golf R

dustobub

Looking to sell ($18.5k) or trade my 2000 BMW M Coupe + cash for a Golf R manual transmission. I will consider most color combos.

More info here - https://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/listing?ListingID=18644 and feel free to PM / reply to this thread for more info / photos. Thanks!

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Love a good clown shoe.
I would almost rather keep that.
Why are you trying to trade?
Depending on your circumstance, I'd say keep this and just get a used base Golf or something...

dustobub

Love a good clown shoe.
I would almost rather keep that.
Why are you trying to trade?
Depending on your circumstance, I'd say keep this and just get a used base Golf or something...

Yeah, it's going to be tough to part with it. I haven't needed a daily driver in 6+ years, but I'm now moving out to the Northwest and will need a daily with awd and won't be able to bring out two cars :(

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
Have you ever consider getting the Alltrack since it is basically a Golf R with a smaller engine, same transmission, same AWD system? The Alltrack is less powerful, but if with just a few bolts on, you will make the same power as the R.

dustobub

Have you ever consider getting the Alltrack since it is basically a Golf R with a smaller engine, same transmission, same AWD system? The Alltrack is less powerful, but if with just a few bolts on, you will make the same power as the R.

That is a neat idea, but I'm just not in love with the design. And I imagine the turbo is working a bit harder on the 1.8, meaning more lag, but I would need to research that some more. And upon a quick search a 6spd Alltrack seems to be a bit of a unicorn :)

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
That is a neat idea, but I'm just not in love with the design. And I imagine the turbo is working a bit harder on the 1.8, meaning more lag, but I would need to research that some more. And upon a quick search a 6spd Alltrack seems to be a bit of a unicorn :)

you can get 2019 SEL (top of the line) with 6spd. With the Golf R turbo, IS38, full boost is around 3k rpm. If you want to save money, get the S. SE and SEL they have the sunroof which has the leaking problem right now.