GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Car Order

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Folks,

It's been a while since I last posted on here as life is very busy. I have just ordered a new factory order Golf R and was told that it would be about 20 weeks away from delivery, which puts it to arrive in April.

I have read an article to say that the MY19 production run would now start week 31 rather than week 22 as per previous years. So I was chuffed that I would have one of the last 310BHP R's to come in to the UK.

Email today to say that my order will be the new MY19 rather than MY18! It's not a deal breaker but does anyone have anymore info on build weeks and models and what I could expect to receive? I would usually be over the moon having the lastest model but appears a step back in performance - even though I'm told it's not!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
VW reduced the bhp of the Golf R in order to gain type approval under the new WLTP emissions and fuel consumption tests. All non-WLTP cars had to be registered by mid-August, so any new Golf R registered after mid-August this year would have the reduced (300ps?) power output.

I don’t think the Golf R has been type approved under WLTP yet, which means no new Golf R’s will have been registered since mid August/beginning of Sept. I’ve read that VW have still been building them, but they’re not being delivered to customers until type approval has been obtained. The 2019 model year Golf R also has a GPF (gasoline particulate filter) in order to gain WLTP type approval.

Even if you ordered your car when 2018 model year cars were still being built, if it hadn’t been built by the time the time VW incorporated 2019 model year changes into production, it would automatically be built as a 2019 model year car to 2019 model year spec.

Last edited:

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks SRGTD, I have been told that all builds from August onward are 2019 with the GPF fitted. Apparently you wouldn't notice the difference in performance.

Good news is that I was expecting a Mid to late April delivery and have been told that it will arrive with the dealer mid to late Feb for March registration.

T7 AHR

I ordered a GTi Performance on 26/06 - just had notification it’s in transit, hopefully pick up before Christmas - all due to WLTP certification

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I ordered a GTi Performance on 26/06 - just had notification it’s in transit, hopefully pick up before Christmas - all due to WLTP certification

I’d check with your dealer regarding collection date.

I read earlier on another forum of a forum member whose car is in transit to the dealer, but the dealer has told them they can’t register the car until the third week of January - WLTP is being cited as the reason.