GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo back vs cat back mk7 gti 2015

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

New guy here and I had a question regarding a turbo back exhaust vs a cat back. Preferences?

I am not into super loud droney exhausts but i want a noticeable difference compared to the stock.
Youtube has a lot of CTS videos that pass the ear test. But does anyone recommend another brand they have had a good experience with?

Also I'm having an apr dp put in this week, would an upgrade to a turbo back exhaust end up replacing this piece?

Thanks guys learning a lot on these forums :)

Bawlti

Ready to race!
Yes, a turbo back exhaust is an exhaust from the turbo all the way to the back, so basically, downpipe + cat back.

2015 GTI PP DSG | JB1

GTISEVEN

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

New guy here and I had a question regarding a turbo back exhaust vs a cat back. Preferences?

I am not into super loud droney exhausts but i want a noticeable difference compared to the stock.
Youtube has a lot of CTS videos that pass the ear test. But does anyone recommend another brand they have had a good experience with?

Also I'm having an apr dp put in this week, would an upgrade to a turbo back exhaust end up replacing this piece?

Thanks guys learning a lot on these forums :)

Yeah ...if you have the APR DP..all you need is a catback.Make sure you get the stage 2 APR tune with their DP.If money is a constraint do the mods in steps.Since you are already getting DP ,you can leave the stock catback on for sometime ...as it's pretty good.Apr DP is of very high quality and they have a perfect matching
tune with it.You will also get a discount on the tune since your DP is from APR

Jlungo

Ready to race!
@gtiseven Thanks for the tip.

I was getting stage 1 apr done with the dp. But you recommend a stage 2 upgrade with the dp, why so?

And thanks again

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 requires the downpipe and eliminates the CEL, and its free if you have the APR downpipe.

GTISEVEN

Passed Driver's Ed
Stage 2 requires the downpipe and eliminates the CEL, and its free if you have the APR downpipe.

Exactly ...upgrade to stage 2 from stage 1 is free ...but since you(Jlungo) are going directly to DP you will need to pay for reflash and in your case make sure to tell them it should be stage 2..most of the APR dealers should know about it .You can chose to have 91 or 93 octane.In my car I have 93 octane flash as it's widely available here in Toronto.