GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

Old 04-06-2019, 01:35 AM   #69
dietcokefiend

Drives: 2019 VW GTI Rabbit Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1111 View Post
Sounds like it is more of a carpet issue than a floor mat issue.

If you have that issue, then why don't you check for that?
I can’t personally account for how dealers are looking at peoples cars. I’m not sure 18 people with 2019 models are missing a floor mat either.
dietcokefiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:09 AM   #70
CB1111

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokefiend View Post
I canít personally account for how dealers are looking at peoples cars. Iím not sure 18 people with 2019 models are missing a floor mat either.
You appear to enjoy being obstructive, so this isn't directed at you.

What one poster found was:

"the carpet with the rubber mat that came with the car where blocking the pedal from going all the way to the floor... so I moved the carpet and correctly placed the rubber mat in position... and now the pedal travels all the way to the floor."

While I'm not quite sure what he is talking about "the carpet with the rubber mat", I suspect that he is referring to the actual installed carpet and not the floor mat, or a conflict between the two.

What is clear though is that neither that poster nor I said anything about a missing floor mat.
CB1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:19 AM   #71
videoguy009

Drives: 2019 Golf Rabbit DSG
I think that floor mat issue is a bunch of bs.The pedal stop is well above the mat and even if it is not pegged into the grommets it will not interfere with the stall do to the clutch not being disengaged.The mat would have to be bunched up under the pedal.I know we look for the solution to satisfy our minds me included but the problem lies within the ECU as far as throttle body adaptation as far as I'm concerned.Why didn't the car shudder before quitting if the clutch wasn't disengaged and just quit like the video showed???
videoguy009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:22 AM   #72
dietcokefiend

My reply is that I can’t tell you how these dealers are addressing the problem. My car isn’t stalling so I can’t easily go down and verify if my carpet isn’t misaligned. My point is that dealers are seeing this as an electrical systems issue (throttle adaptation by the DSG commenter, VW tech in the Facebook group going after the throttle as well).

In any event, there are plenty of people watching this thread. If you have the stalling issue by all means check your carpet.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:37 AM   #73
videoguy009

Drives: 2019 Golf Rabbit DSG
I think that floor mat issue is a bunch of bs.The pedal stop is well above the mat and even if it is not pegged into the grommets it will not interfere with the stall do to the clutch not being disengaged.The mat would have to be bunched up under the pedal.I know we look for the solution to satisfy our minds me included but the problem lies within the ECU as far as throttle body adaptation as far as I'm concerned.Like I said in an earlier post the ECU's are new for 2019 and there is going to be a glitch or two in them.Why didn't the car shudder before quitting if the clutch wasn't disengaged and just quit like the video showed???
videoguy009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:31 AM   #74
jimlloyd40

Drives: 2018 Golf GTI SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoguy009 View Post
I think that floor mat issue is a bunch of bs.The pedal stop is well above the mat and even if it is not pegged into the grommets it will not interfere with the stall do to the clutch not being disengaged.The mat would have to be bunched up under the pedal.I know we look for the solution to satisfy our minds me included but the problem lies within the ECU as far as throttle body adaptation as far as I'm concerned.Like I said in an earlier post the ECU's are new for 2019 and there is going to be a glitch or two in them.Why didn't the car shudder before quitting if the clutch wasn't disengaged and just quit like the video showed???
I asked the same thing. The car should have shuddered and bucked before it stalled.
jimlloyd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:01 AM   #75
J2S2M

Drives: '19 GTI Rabbit 6MT
Does anyone know which dealership this vw tech works in that’s from the socal FB group?
J2S2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #76
JC_451

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport 6MT
This car doesn't really "hard" stall.

It just goes to sleep.

Is it possible people just don't realize it's going to stall and aren't quick enough on the pedal?

(not trying to be critical of people's MT skills, please don't take it that way)
JC_451 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #77
ImMrMeeseeks

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_451 View Post

It just goes to sleep.

Is it possible people just don't realize it's going to stall and aren't quick enough on the pedal?

(not trying to be critical of people's MT skills, please don't take it that way)

Pretty ridiculous post regardless. Canít speak for everyone but 3 out of my 8 vehicles were manuals. To say I donít know what Iím doing is pretty silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImMrMeeseeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #78
JC_451

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMrMeeseeks View Post
Pretty ridiculous post regardless. Canít speak for everyone but 3 out of my 8 vehicles were manuals. To say I donít know what Iím doing is pretty silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not what I said.

Whatever you like though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
JC_451 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #79
dietcokefiend

Let’s try not to devolve this thread into arguments. Some are having stalling in gear, no clutch pressed at speed.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:49 PM   #80
333Inlinesix

Drives: 2004 M3 & 2019 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_451 View Post

It just goes to sleep.

In my case, it was a very "soft" or quiet stall, like yours. In the three instances it happened to me, I would be traveling at roughly 40mph approaching a red light. As I've done in all my previous cars, and in my current E46 (140K miles on original clutch), I'd stay in gear to slow down while rpms drop or rev match and eventually switch to neutral for the last 5-10 mph or so and come to a stop. Once stopped, I can feel the car become too quiet and then I realize it had stalled quietly in that last bit of traveling while in neutral.

I interpreted that poster with the carpet/rubber mat issue as him having the all weather rubber mats on top of his carpeted mats. That's how the dealer gave me my car, and I immediately removed the rubber mats. I can say that in least my case, the mats have nothing to do with the stalling.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #81
SomeDude

Drives: 17 2.0t, 19 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333Inlinesix View Post
In my case, it was a very "soft" or quiet stall, like yours. In the three instances it happened to me, I would be traveling at roughly 40mph approaching a red light. As I've done in all my previous cars, and in my current E46 (140K miles on original clutch), I'd stay in gear to slow down while rpms drop or rev match and eventually switch to neutral for the last 5-10 mph or so and come to a stop. Once stopped, I can feel the car become too quiet and then I realize it had stalled quietly in that last bit of traveling while in neutral.

I interpreted that poster with the carpet/rubber mat issue as him having the all weather rubber mats on top of his carpeted mats. That's how the dealer gave me my car, and I immediately removed the rubber mats. I can say that in least my case, the mats have nothing to do with the stalling.

This is the same as what I experienced (also never put the rubber mats in when I got the car, so I have discounted the floor mat theory).
SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:07 PM   #82
Schocker65

Drives: 2019 GTI SE 6MT
OK, so I have a prior experience with this type of behavior, but with a totally different vehicle. Sounds just like what we discovered on a brand new Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 back in the early 90's.

There was a slightly misrouted wiring harness against the firewall behind the clutch pedal "arm". When the clutch pedal was fully depressed, it pressed against the harness and caused a short which shut the car off instantly.

Long shot, but worth a look.
Schocker65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #83
dmbrski

Drives: Golf GTI rabbit
Cornflower Blue 12/18 Canadian model. Mine did it 5 or 6 time on the first day I drove the car. everytime coming to a stop after driving on the highway. never did it again since
dmbrski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:24 PM   #84
ilmgti

Drives: 2019 Urano Grey Rabbit GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbrski View Post
Cornflower Blue 12/18 Canadian model. Mine did it 5 or 6 time on the first day I drove the car. everytime coming to a stop after driving on the highway. never did it again since
It seems to be related to the oil temp. If the temp is lower than 97įC (207įF), it won't stall.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:23 PM   #85
333Inlinesix

Drives: 2004 M3 & 2019 GTI
Happened again yesterday. It does seem to happen only when the car is warmed up.

Another thing I want to mention is sometimes when I clutch in when in neutral at a stop, the rpms fluctuate a few hundred and then do it again as I release the clutch. Other times there is no rpm fluctuation. Related?