GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A/C issues after I.C upgrade

JAV3

Passed Driver's Ed
Probably put this in the wrong section but recently got a direct fit I.C. Upgrade and the a/c seems to well be wonky can’t seem to find the problem even after the install. Anyone else have a an a/c problem after upgrading there intercooler?

JAV3

Passed Driver's Ed
wonky how? Not cold? Who did the install? More details....

Could be busted line or hole through the condenser.

Yea basically it’s not blowing out any cold air lol and unfortunately I did it myself it was working just fine first few days then today and yesterday I’ve been getting hot air.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yea basically it’s not blowing out any cold air lol and unfortunately I did it myself it was working just fine first few days then today and yesterday I’ve been getting hot air.

Navi has to be correct. Either you knocked a hole in the condenser or broke a line. Probably put a small hole in the condenser since you said it worked the first few days.

JAV3

Passed Driver's Ed
could be punctured.. might be from the center bolt from the radiator support.. Some companies recommend changing it to a shorter one. Did you check for leaks?

Checking now as we speak just started taking the bumper off. Really hoping it’s a small puncture like you said. I have to be a little more tentative to these things smh thanks for the input Navi

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Small puncture, big puncture wont matter if its in the condenser. You'll need to get a new one and have some one vacuum and recharge your system

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Just throw some gauges on the system and see if its empty rather than tearing it all apart.

this is the simplest(read best) solution. If it is a small crack or puncture somewhere you might not even see it when you take everything apart again.

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
Guessing you swung the coils and lines off to the side (still attached) during IC install? Maybe the hardlines got bent/restricted. :confused:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
In to see what happened as I'm in the middle of an IC install. Finishing it up tomorrow so hopefully I don't have any issues.

JAV3

Passed Driver's Ed
In to see what happened as I'm in the middle of an IC install. Finishing it up tomorrow so hopefully I don't have any issues.

It’s as ghost stated before you above I moved a hardline and bent it to the side while attached rookie mistake on my end but you live and learn it’s been fixed good luck with your install bro take your time. I rushed it what I could’ve done in a few hours I did in like 2/3 but I made mistakes along the way

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
It’s as ghost stated before you above I moved a hardline and bent it to the side while attached rookie mistake on my end but you live and learn it’s been fixed good luck with your install bro take your time. I rushed it what I could’ve done in a few hours I did in like 2/3 but I made mistakes along the way

No worries...I did make mistake and made a dent on the bottom of the radiator while I had it supported by jack stands. No leaks and the coolant temps seem fine but it was a dump mistake that happened while I was fighting to get the intercooler on. Oh well.

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
Glad you got it figured out! Can never be too careful with hardlines!