GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I want to know this too..

Would like to set max boost by gear eg..

1st gear - 21psi
2nd gear - 23psi
3rd gear - 26psi
4th gear - 28psi
567th gear - 28psi

is it possible yet?

Yes this is possible. It's not directly a boost setting but rather a max torque target. But the end result is what you guys are after.

-- Ed

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
in anticipation of my eqt turbo install this coming monday i have done the following purchases:
1) ngk racing 9 spark plugs
2) autotech hpfp internals
3) intercooler upgrade
4) fluidampr

i already have cts turbo engine/tranny mounts, dkm twin disk clutch, 034 upper and lower dog bone mounts, cts turbo catless turbo back exhaust, cts turbo intake.

anything else you would advise ed?

also what oil would you suggest for your turbo and what oil change interval would be ideal?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
in anticipation of my eqt turbo install this coming monday i have done the following purchases:
3) intercooler upgrade
4) fluidampr

i already have cts turbo engine/tranny mounts, dkm twin disk clutch, 034 upper and lower dog bone mounts, cts turbo catless turbo back exhaust, cts turbo intake.

also what oil would you suggest for your turbo and what oil change interval would be ideal?

I don't see a downpipe on your list. Pretty sure that's either highly recommended/pretty much mandatory. Here are Patrick at EQT's comments when I posed some questions....

"To support the vortex turbo, you will need the intercooler, downpipe, intake, ngk racing spark plugs and a high pressure pump upgrade at
a minimum. If you plan on doing ethanol blends, the low pressure fuel
pump would also be needed."

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I don't see a downpipe on your list. Pretty sure that's either highly recommended/pretty much mandatory. Here are Patrick at EQT's comments when I posed some questions....

"To support the vortex turbo, you will need the intercooler, downpipe, intake, ngk racing spark plugs and a high pressure pump upgrade at
a minimum. If you plan on doing ethanol blends, the low pressure fuel
pump would also be needed."

Turbo back exhaust would mean downpipe+catback, so he's covered.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
3) intercooler upgrade
4) fluidampr

I would advise getting a different clutch. and replacing your CTS Turbo engine/trans mounts with BFI.

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
I would advise getting a different clutch.
I've read through all the dkm clutch threads and mine has been so solid so far. I'm one of the lucky ones. No problems from the get go and just finished my break in at 1400km and it's only gotten better.

I'm currently unitronic stage 2 tuned and it holds the power amazingly.

Only problem I currently have is my clutch pedal rarely has a sticky feeling. Best way I can describe it is like gum on the bottom of your shoe and you feel that little stick when you walk.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk