GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
How's the stage 1 vibrations? I daily drive the car so I don't want the noise or vibrations to be too significant. Of course this is a subjective question.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
How's the stage 1 vibrations? I daily drive the car so I don't want the noise or vibrations to be too significant. Of course this is a subjective question.

Very subjective...

But for what it's worth, I daily drive my car and they're completely fine. The NVH that is added at stage 1 is minimal/minor in my opinion. Well worth the benefits they provide.

Jimdog

Passed Driver's Ed
I can agree that the stage 1 bfi mounts are tolerable. I also have the powerflex hybrid insert. I can pull a trailer with the a/c on up a hill and the nvh isn't any worse than at idle. My mounts are fully broke in. They vibrate quite a bit more before they are broke in. Give them a good 3-4k miles before judging them.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Typical 034 quality.

I toss those and grab some BFI mounts personally. I have 75k miles on my full set of stage 2 mounts with zero issues
THIS.

/thread

We will be more than happy to set you up with a new engine mount. :)
BFI Are amazing quality. Have had stage 2 mounts on my track car for years and no issues.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
I'm going to respond to you guys shortly.

We are currently out of transmission mounts for DSG and 6-speed manual. We currently have engine mounts, transmission inserts, and dogbone inserts. If your transmission mount is able to be taken apart, you could purchase our insert.

If you have a Golf 1.8T 5-speed or Auto transmission we have transmission mounts.

However, we will be releasing a full replacement transmission mount shortly. It will be similar to our engine. Pricing will be very competitive compared to competitor's full replacement mounts. :)

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Does anyone know if BFI transmission inserts work on 034 trans mounts?
I'm thinking it definitely doesn't work for the engine mount but might work for the transmission mount??

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Clem, your coolant's low :D

I like the idea of the BFI mounts but the NVH always gives me pause. How were the 034's for you?

Well it shouldn't, because when properly installed the BFI mounts don't really have any NVH to speak of, provided you have the stock dogbone bushing. If you have an upgraded torque arm and poly bushing it might be a different story.

I daily my car and am pretty sensitive to this stuff, and it took me a long time to make the leap. But I have no complaints.

I have ~800 miles on my stg 1's now and they are very smooth. Only vibrations I get are on 1st gear take off mostly on hills, but I attribute this 95% to my 034 upper and lower aluminum inserts. In fact the only real difference I notice with the BFI is more and better engine/exhaust noise.

P.S. before that I had CTS, which look like they are pretty much the same thing as 034's. They have no vibrations whatsoever, but also don't really make much of a difference after they break in. I loved them at first, but they start to feel very stock-like after awhile.