GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW 18" Pretoria Vs Replika 18" Pretoria

442GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
New Wheels Installed

Below are the photos with the new Replika 18x8 (Et 45) wheels on my 2018 GTI Autobahn. First photo is the stock wheels for comparison. Look of the car is totally changed (for the better I think). Can definitely notice the difference between the stock 49 offset and the new 45 offset with the 1/2 inch wider rim.

And no, the stock VW center cap did not fit. The stock cap is 66 mm overall OD, with the teeth OD of 56 mm, and a clip OD of 57 mm.

The new wheel cap was 66 mm OD, 56 mm teeth OD, but 59 mm clip OD.

So the stock cap fit in the opening perfectly, but with no grip as the clip OD was the size of the opening. I first searched the internet for different size stock caps, but came up empty for what I needed. Next I looked into stickers, but too cheesy looking. Plus the 2018 cap has dimples, the stickers I saw were smooth (black part).

I looked through this forum for some ideas how to make the stock caps fit , but nothing concrete. One person used rubber bands, which I tried, but was worried the cold winters would rapidly deteriorate the cheap rubber.

My solution was to use electrical heat shrink tubing around the four clips. I used two layers to obtain the same 59 mm OD as new rim cap. This is great because the tubing shrinks tight around the clips, and had an adhesive to really grip it. They seem to fit tight, at least as tight as the stock caps did on the stock rims. I added some photos of this as well for others who have the same issue and want an easy way to make it work.

Attachments

• IMG_5441.JPG
    IMG_5441.JPG
    760.6 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_5521.JPG
    IMG_5521.JPG
    734.1 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_5530.JPG
    IMG_5530.JPG
    685.4 KB · Views: 839
  • IMG_5534.JPG
    IMG_5534.JPG
    714.7 KB · Views: 758
  • IMG_5529.JPG
    IMG_5529.JPG
    984 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_5493.JPG
    IMG_5493.JPG
    435.2 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_5494.JPG
    IMG_5494.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_5496.JPG
    IMG_5496.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_5498.JPG
    IMG_5498.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_5495.JPG
    IMG_5495.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 649

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks fantastic. Really hope the come back in stock so I can order a set. I hate the look of the stock Austin's, and really love the way the Prets look. I should have just ordered them when I reached out to Canada Wheels a week or two before you. Didn't expect them to be sold out so soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Looks great! That's what the OEM 18" Pretorias should have been. Would love some 18x8.5 Pretorias to clear BBK.

442GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm told the R195 wheel (Pretoria) will be back in stock mid July, so if your interested they will be available soon.

442GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I never really thought about lowering it. Have the adaptive chassis control, not sure how that would work.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I never really thought about lowering it. Have the adaptive chassis control, not sure how that would work.

VW Driver Gear (DG) springs

[emoji1303]

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm told the R195 wheel (Pretoria) will be back in stock mid July, so if your interested they will be available soon.
Sweet. Thanks for letting us know. Will be ordering a set when they come available!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

442GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a quick update - Had these Replika's about two weeks now and the compliments on my car have been daily. I don't think I received one compliment on my car for the first six months I owned it. Since I installed these wheels two weeks ago I get daily compliments, people love these wheels. Many of them think they are 19's, so I guess they look bigger than they are. Quite an interesting experience, although nice wheels have always been an accessory to set a car apart.