GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Dynamic Mk7.5 taillights on AliExpress

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I wanted to give a shout-out to the AliExpress seller "VW AG Store" I just received my Mk7.5 dynamic tail lights from because they honestly went above and beyond with my order.

I've had the lights in my online cart for months and finally pulled the trigger last week. I paid $480 for all 4 lights and $90 for AliExpress Premium Shipping (for more peace of mind I guess). I kid you not, they gave me 2-day shipping, UPS Expedited from China. I don't know if it's because I'm a repeat customer of theirs but holy sh!@#@t.

Lights themselves are in perfect condition and were very well-packaged. I was a bit worried about buying something expensive through AliExpress but this particular seller has mostly OEM parts. They're literally the one seller on the whole site that has genuine tail lights for under $700.

Sorry if this reads like an advertisement but I'm so happy right now with how well this went, given all the pics I've seen of crappy tail lights. Never seen anyone get OEM lights from AliExpress so thought I'd share.

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32846184096.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.30274c4dnCHS63

Pictures:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Sweet deal. But how are you certain that they’re OEM?

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I’m quite certain because they have the VW logo stamped in the plastic as well as the part number sticker. Also, they have the 8-pin blue connector. All of the knockoffs have the older Mk7 connector, which is an easy way to tell that they’ve been modified internally.

Edit: for what it’s worth I did also message the seller asking if they had been modified at all. And they told me they are OEM.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Good to know. Nice find!

I’m quite certain because they have the VW logo stamped in the plastic as well as the part number sticker. Also, they have the 8-pin blue connector. All of the knockoffs have the older Mk7 connector, which is an easy way to tell that they’ve been modified internally.

Edit: for what it’s worth I did also message the seller asking if they had been modified at all. And they told me they are OEM.

I dont think you can base it off of the plastic housings. Yes they can have vw logos, doesnt mean the inner electronics are all OEM. They could have sourced the housing/ connectors, but internally you cant be 100% sure

larbel

Just coz they came from China doesn't mean they're fake... Don't forget China has one of the largest VAG plant in the world, and Golf 7 is manufactured locally except for the R, I could get the OE taillights for about the same price so if the seller checks out, it sounds about right.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I got my Mk7 LED lights from China too. They had the same VW logos molded on them. They were a bit dusty...but they all have VW part numbers on them.

People tend to forget that VW has a huge market share in China. I think they sell more VWs in China than anywhere else on the planet. The only place VW is losing is North America.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I seriously doubt they’re fake. The LEDs are too bright and vivid to have been tampered with, in my opinion. And the lens is like glass - looks like it’s never been touched.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
They aren't...I wouldn't worry too much about it. VW has enough cars in China to produce the parts for the cars in China. Like the Mexican built VWs. A lot of the parts are also made in Mexico.

I'm actually thinking of getting some third party 7.5 lights for the Mk7. They don't require me to run a new harness. They'll plug right into the Mk7 LED harness.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Wanted to post an update because I just got them installed. They look so good. Definitely OEM as they are super bright and have that deep, almost blood red color.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 1.14.46 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 1.14.46 PM.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 924
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 1.15.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 1.15.03 PM.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 917

slypete

Hi I'm Pete from Boston as well :D I picked up a 2019 this weekend and am planning to do the same mod.

The part numbers from the AliExpress listing are a bit different than the known parts everyone else is ordering. Maybe that's because these are the Chinese version of the parts?

Do you know if these are the LHD version of the lights? Do they have rear fogs in either of the lights?

Thanks for any info!
Pete

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Hi I'm Pete from Boston as well :D I picked up a 2019 this weekend and am planning to do the same mod.

The part numbers from the AliExpress listing are a bit different than the known parts everyone else is ordering. Maybe that's because these are the Chinese version of the parts?

Do you know if these are the LHD version of the lights? Do they have rear fogs in either of the lights?

Thanks for any info!
Pete

Hey, congrats on the new GTI! If yours is black then our GTIs are twins, haha.

Yeah so, I didn't mention this in the original post but that store has both European lights (5G0) and Chinese lights (5GG), China ones costing less. I ordered the China ones because I didn't see any reason why they'd be of less quality. But... either they made a mistake or they were just being nice, because what I actually received were the more expensive 5G0 ones. They have one rear fog on the left side, so they're the RHD LHD version.

I'm not sure where they got them, because all of the connectors on my lights were blue. Most of the pictures I've seen from others, 3 of the lights have blue connectors and 1 has a green connector. Maybe they're from Russia or something lol.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with ordering the Chinese ones. Either you get the China ones, which are still OEM, or you get lucky and get the Made in Poland ones. Having the fog on the "wrong" side (LHD RHD) wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me, but it's your call of course.

Edit: I forgot China drives on the right like we do. Lol.

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
All blue connectors for OEM lights means LHD (US, Germany, ...), rear fog light on inner left side. If the inner connectors are green they are from a RHD (GB, Japan, ...) vehicle and the rear fog light is on the inner right side. Blue connector inner left and green connector inner right = 2x rear fog light.