GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about feel of DCC in GTI...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My 18 SE PP without DCC corners very flat with a Neuspeed RSB. It also eliminated understeer.

gtwhy

Passed Driver's Ed
DCC is honestly one of the most surprisingly useful things on my GTI. Comfort mode is amazing and gives you a ride that's probably better than some entry level luxury cars.

Sport mode feels more aggressive than a GTI without DCC. I love the feel, though as already pointed out I doubt it actually translates to better lap times.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
DCC is subtle but it works. Comfort has more “bobbing” than Sport. I use Comfort on backroads sometimes because it has more range AFAIK.
But more importantly DCC is always working to soak up bumps, etc.
I haven’t driven a standard suspension Mk7 GTI in a few years but recall impacts on the road to cause more jarring than with DCC.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
The GTI order guide, under Available Features, shows:
4-mode DCC® adaptive chassis control & enlarged rear stabilizer bar

I was not able to locate this special DCC bar on parts.vw.com. Thought it might be a good mod for my car. Anyone have a part number?

jdiamondGolfMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks so much everyone! This was wonderful feedback. :)

This ^Get a rear bar . I’m About to do the same.

You guys are all awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

It sounds like most people already have a good experience with GTI cornering, with DCC helping with body roll and custom add on bars helping even more.

Based on your advice, I'll make sure I find a used GTI with DCC and take it from there. I'm so psyched. :)

I found the post about stiffness not actually improving track speed interesting. My guess is on a smooth track, the biggest impact would be on the driver - some cars feel easy to drive fast, others don't. :)

- Jeff

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Some have said that Comfort results in less chassis upset when driving rapidly.

Anywho - one benefit of DCC is the modes but the most important benefit is that the chassis is adaptive in all situations. It still surprises me when I go over, say, a speed hump.

gtwhy

Passed Driver's Ed
The GTI order guide, under Available Features, shows:
4-mode DCC® adaptive chassis control & enlarged rear stabilizer bar

I was not able to locate this special DCC bar on parts.vw.com. Thought it might be a good mod for my car. Anyone have a part number?

I checked the part number on my DCC some time ago, fairly sure it's the same 21.7mm bar that comes on PP cars.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
I checked the part number on my DCC some time ago, fairly sure it's the same 21.7mm bar that comes on PP cars.

If memory serves correctly, DCC cars get a 22mm and standard cars get 20mm.
Performance Pack is required for DCC but PP alone doesn’t get the bigger bar.
2016 model guide states “Enlarged Rear Stabilizer Bar” under the DCC option P31.

jdiamondGolfMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Difference in stabilizer bars...

If memory serves correctly, DCC cars get a 22mm and standard cars get 20mm.
Performance Pack is required for DCC but PP alone doesn’t get the bigger bar.
2016 model guide states “Enlarged Rear Stabilizer Bar” under the DCC option P31.

Isn't the stock bar hollow, while the enhanced version is solid? Implying that the diameter isn't the most important metric?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I wanted it but couldn't find any used ones with it. :(

I'm still jealous of those who got it. PP? meh. Dime a dozen.

I wish I didn't get it because now when I have to replace the dampers, I'm paying a huge premium. And it puts a damper (pun intended) on my thoughts if I want to lower the car, which I do, since I'm now looking at either extremely expensive coilovers, expensive struts + springs, or DCC delete kit + coilovers, which then eliminates the reason for paying the extra money for the package with the car.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I wish I didn't get it because now when I have to replace the dampers, I'm paying a huge premium. And it puts a damper (pun intended) on my thoughts if I want to lower the car, which I do, since I'm now looking at either extremely expensive coilovers, expensive struts + springs, or DCC delete kit + coilovers, which then eliminates the reason for paying the extra money for the package with the car.

I'm happy to not have the complexity of DCC.

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
When I bought my ‘15 GTI, DCC was only available as an option on PP equipped cars. Now that, in effect all GTI’s are PP, I guess that would be a stand alone option. And yes, I really like the DCC and I understand why it is used only in combination with the Performance Package differential. With a tuned car like mine, both make more sense.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
I have been using Comfort the past day to kinda feel the difference on my normal drive.
The difference could best be described by the analogy of putting novocaine on the ride. The vibrations of the road feel a bit more distant and numb. Doesn’t hurt the handling per se. The best part is it makes patched roads (we have a lot in Nashville) send less feedback through the car.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I have been using Comfort the past day to kinda feel the difference on my normal drive.
The difference could best be described by the analogy of putting novocaine on the ride. The vibrations of the road feel a bit more distant and numb. Doesn’t hurt the handling per se. The best part is it makes patched roads (we have a lot in Nashville) send less feedback through the car.

This x2
I find the biggest noticeable difference in ride quality is that bumps aren't as jarring as they are in normal or sport, and the body rolls a little more in corners. Like you said, handling isn't impacted but it does feel a little bit more loose