GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI tuning options

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve been noticing the flutter noise when slowing down to about 20mph with my APR plus tune on a 19 GTI. Normal and isn’t going to cause damage or anything?

I would imagine it’s the DV working to RECIRC the air, as opposed to a BOV that would just let it all out.

Is this normal driving? Or coming from a higher speed run?

2.0T-GTI

VW in MadTown
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit Ed. GTI
I would imagine it’s the DV working to RECIRC the air, as opposed to a BOV that would just let it all out.

Is this normal driving? Or coming from a higher speed run?

I get this too, only when lifting off throttle at lower rpms, and partial throttle. Seems to be right around where cam profiles change that it happens most. Chu-chu-chu-chu-chu. Instead of Pshhhhhhhhhhh. My very unsubstantiated guess is the tune isn’t venting/recircing small amounts of boost in order to keep charge in the intercooler between shifts and such. It doesn’t bother me IF its safe, but I definitely would like a definitive answer as to if its safe from APR or such.

Anyone have any more input on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I get this too, only when lifting off throttle at lower rpms, and partial throttle. Seems to be right around where cam profiles change that it happens most. Chu-chu-chu-chu-chu. Instead of Pshhhhhhhhhhh. My very unsubstantiated guess is the tune isn’t venting/recircing small amounts of boost in order to keep charge in the intercooler between shifts and such. It doesn’t bother me IF its safe, but I definitely would like a definitive answer as to if its safe from APR or such.

I spoke to NGP raving a few days ago and was asking them about the tunes and was told they had changed things up a bit and put some other safeguards in. I assume that means APR is tuning using more parameters than previous years.

Jakester01

Went to the track Tuesday. Apr stage 1 high torque best time was 13.09 @ 108.51. 2.21 60' needs work. I think high 12s would be possible with better 60' time.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Same exact thing as you describe on my stage 2 Unitronic tune... I don't believe it's an issue, but would appreciate further input as well.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
is38 on e85 tuned by 5150 Racing. Add 15% for dynojet numbers

2.0T-GTI

VW in MadTown
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit Ed. GTI
Same exact thing as you describe on my stage 2 Unitronic tune... I don't believe it's an issue, but would appreciate further input as well.

Glad to hear it's not just me, or just APR tunes. Likely means it's an inherent feature of the ecu/car, and not a failure/problem of any sort, so that's good I guess. :)

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
On another note, I’ve contacted Alfonso @ GIAC twice, and he hasn’t gotten back to me about the 2019 models. Hopefully everything is going ok with him. He usually gets back to me quickly.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Arin, are the IS38 files all ready to go? Or does it depend on the box code? I’m just making sure because I’m not seeing huge jumps between stage 1 and 2 for anyone’s maps. NGP would be my installation location.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin, are the IS38 files all ready to go? Or does it depend on the box code? I’m just making sure because I’m not seeing huge jumps between stage 1 and 2 for anyone’s maps. NGP would be my installation location.

All ready to go for all known box codes.