GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 bulb changes for halogen headlights

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Hello everyone,
I have scoured the internet and forums, but I have not found am apples to apples install of the bulbs for a base model 7.5 headlights? Deauto led sends links to other models and almost examples, but does anyone have any pics or how to's? I'm just trying to change out the Amber turn signals and the low beam to LED, thank you in advance! [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

MJKVW

Hello everyone,
I have scoured the internet and forums, but I have not found am apples to apples install of the bulbs for a base model 7.5 headlights? Deauto led sends links to other models and almost examples, but does anyone have any pics or how to's? I'm just trying to change out the Amber turn signals and the low beam to LED, thank you in advance! [emoji41][emoji106]

Have you found any resources for this install? I purchased the DeAutoKey LED H7s for my Mark 7.5 GSW. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get them installed. Have you had luck?

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Have you found any resources for this install? I purchased the DeAutoKey LED H7s for my Mark 7.5 GSW. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get them installed. Have you had luck?
I basically just went off the deauto install video on their site. The low beams are kind of pain, at least for me... The trick with the low beams is the metal ring has to be spun on just right, easier on the passenger side, since the driver side is a little tighter place to work. Sorry I don't have a video or pics to offer, good luck [emoji106]

TheGreekIndian

I bought the DeAutos and I dont think it's worth all the headache. The easiest(poor word choice) way to install the drivers side is to take out the battery, fuse box and all that jazz right behind the headlight. In the end, I ended up removing the bulbs. such a pain in the ass that causes little speckles of dust and particles from the install to enter your headlight housing. Plus, like the video on their site shows, you cant seal the rear rubber cap completely meaning eventually, moisture will build up in your headlight and look like rubbish. fast shipping, good color match, but thata about it.

TheGreekIndian

after the install of the new LED bulbs, I identified that the passenger side was significantly dimmer and the driver side brighter when viewed from another car's review mirror and meeting another car on the highway. Could be a VW housing issue or maybe they were purposefully aligned like that from the factory? anyone else see this?