GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo problem

mdgolf

Golf 2014 1.4 TSI (122) received EPC and went into limp mode, restarted car and the light EPC error went away. EPC came back, so did the above again, but then engine management light appeared. Plugged into system and received P334B/013131 - Charge Pressure Control Actuator: Mechanical Malfunction. Car has only covered 23000 miles, is driving fine at the minute and actuator is not getting stuck when starting car. Have seen that this is a common issue on the 1.2 TFSIs were the ECU needs updated to sort out the actuator. Have not heard of this affecting ‘many’ 1.4 122 versions, keen to hear from you guys.

Jon2

Ready to race!
I have a 2013/63 plate 1.4TSI(122) which has been displaying what I believe to be the exact same issue. I've been living with it for several thousand miles now (currently on 32k miles), but my (not so local) VW approved service/repair garage is unable to do anything about it, as they are not a main dealership. I'm unable to get the car down to Aberdeen at the moment, so I'm stuck. This is the first and only VW I'll ever own. Car is due an MOT on the 1st September, so I know I'll have to get it sorted by then in order for the car to pass (though frankly, I have absolutely no idea why a yellow light on the dash should render a vehicle unroadworthy).

Oh... And this is the first mention of an ECU update, I was told the turbo is fucked and it'll cost me two grand to replace! So much for VW quality. Not happy.