GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Don't forget to take your phone!

veedubtuner

Car(s)
2016 2DR GTI S OEM+
Turn it off then.
Bump of an old thread lol. How do you turn off this notification?

I googled it hoping to find some answers, this thread was the only one I found on this specific topic. Everything else that came up was service/oil reminders ಠ_ಠ

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Bump of an old thread lol. How do you turn off this notification?

I googled it hoping to find some answers, this thread was the only one I found on this specific topic. Everything else that came up was service/oil reminders ಠ_ಠ

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There should be a tick box in Telephone Setup as below.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The funny thing about this warning is they got it completely backwards. Wouldn't it be 10x more useful if it warned you if a phone did not connect when you got IN the car, rather than telling you not to forget to take it when leaving? You're leaving the house - house forgot to grab your phone. You might be miles away before you realize it. But if it could warn you that nothing connected as you were just starting to drive away, it saves your bacon. If I forget the phone leaving the car, I'll realize it when walking away or when I arrive at wherever I walk to - no big deal.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
just as easy (easier?) to program the msg no matter what. binging would be something that prob would be annoying.

Thomas.brian23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Apologies for digging up an old thread, but does anyone know if there is a way to get an audible alert to sound in addition to the message on the center stack screen?

I never look at the center stack screen and habitually forget my cell phone in the cubby ahead of the shifter. If the car beeped or bonged at me, the reminder would be more useful to me.

I was watching a Doug Demuro video on the S3 and it had an audible reminder which makes me think the platform is capable of an audible reminder.