GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Is being put on record.

Scala

Ready to race!
My God OP is dramatic. [emoji107]

My use of "on record" started quite a storm here.
Consider that English is not my first language and oftentimes I use expressions which are commonplace in my first language but come across differently in English.

I fully agree with what Cool Hand Luke says and I don't expect any gains with what I'm doing.
I am merely having the dealer remove all the performance parts from the GTI that I'm trading in and while we are at it go ahead and install them in the R where they will eventually end up as parts of an APR II or whatever top Stage tune they end up offering.
The mechanic will be talking with his longtime contact at APR to be sure that the turbo in and out parts won't conflict with the next tunes for the R. If that were to be the case then he won't be installing them. The intercooler is a simple thing, it fits and works and there is no harm having it in place.
Finally I expect that he will receive more accurate and detailed information about content and completion of the tunes than what I'm told when I call the APR switchboard.

I am sorry for offending forum members and if you check my other posts you will see that they have serious content. I think it is best that I stop participating in this thread that went sour and offensive in reaction to an unfortunate choice of words.

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
APR will say what they already said on the forum. "WE ARE GETTING CLOSE TO RELEASING THE TCU TUNE, IT'S ALMOST DONE" Arin the marketing director clarified this already

That's pretty much what my local APR dealer said when I asked about an APR TCU tune for my DQ381 'box about 18 months ago - but it's still not released yet. I wonder what the problem is ?

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
That's pretty much what my local APR dealer said when I asked about an APR TCU tune for my DQ381 'box about 18 months ago - but it's still not released yet. I wonder what the problem is ?

It takes time to develop the coding, testing, refining the coding, testing, etc... until they come up with a tune they are confident of releasing.

Cool Hand Luke

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess you don’t have an intercooler upgrade, it makes a night and day difference.
I guess your wrong because guess I do have an intercooler upgrade and here is my receipt as proof of most of my upgrades I've had done. I don't notice a night and day difference because I went Stage 1 with my car at 800 Miles, and went Stage 2 at 9,000 Miles and put my intercooler in at 15,000 Miles. So to each his own.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cool Hand Luke

Passed Driver's Ed
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] he showed you his receipt lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Lol the tune and downpipe were the night and day difference, the brake upgrade was night and day difference, the window tint was night and day difference, the launch control was night and day difference after stage 1 and noticeable at stage 2 . But intercooler with stock everything??? Come on..........

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Consider that English is not my first language and oftentimes I use expressions which are commonplace in my first language but come across differently in English.

I fully agree with what Cool Hand Luke says and I don't expect any gains with what I'm doing.
I am merely having the dealer remove all the performance parts from the GTI that I'm trading in and while we are at it go ahead and install them in the R where they will eventually end up as parts of an APR II or whatever top Stage tune they end up offering.
The mechanic will be talking with his longtime contact at APR to be sure that the turbo in and out parts won't conflict with the next tunes for the R. If that were to be the case then he won't be installing them. The intercooler is a simple thing, it fits and works and there is no harm having it in place.
Finally I expect that he will receive more accurate and detailed information about content and completion of the tunes than what I'm told when I call the APR switchboard.

I am sorry for offending forum members and if you check my other posts you will see that they have serious content. I think it is best that I stop participating in this thread that went sour and offensive in reaction to an unfortunate choice of words.

Good job feel free to contribute. Some people make a big deal out of the way something is said without bothering to ask what your intent is.

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie

Nothing is wrong with asking questions and posting info you would like shared with the community here, that's what makes it a community.

What i don't understand is if this is a Master VW Tech, shouldn't he be able to answer all those questions himself without having to ask APR directly. Hell i'm no master tech, yet i do all my installs and i'm pretty sure if someone were to ask me those questions I can answer them without breaking into a sweat.

Everything you listed can be done in a few hours with or without a friend, but a cold beer is mandatory.

Mike A.

Ready to race!
I haven't been on the forum in a long time, this is the first thread I clicked on..... ����