GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
^^^^ hmm......... why would you want to do this?

The RVC turns-ON through a wire that's connected to the right-side reversing light. Once it's initiated, the thing that turns-OFF the RVC (and closes the VW badge on the hatch) is the adaptation channel Switch-off speed for parking assist which lives on the Parking Assistance module (@ address hex76). The default setting for this channel is 7 km/h and you can raise this threshold, but there's a limit on the upper value (can't remember the value, but I think that it's somewhere around 15 km/h)

This process means that there is communications happening between the control module and the CAN bus - looking at the car's speed. I guess that it's theoretically possible to hack the module firmware - but OBD11 can't be used for this purpose and you would need to have an intimate understanding of software to find the correct memory addresses to change.

So, practically speaking its a big NO - alas

Don

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
^^^^ hmm......... why would you want to do this?

The RVC turns-ON through a wire that's connected to the right-side reversing light. Once it's initiated, the thing that turns-OFF the RVC (and closes the VW badge on the hatch) is the adaptation channel Switch-off speed for parking assist which lives on the Parking Assistance module (@ address hex76). The default setting for this channel is 7 km/h and you can raise this threshold, but there's a limit on the upper value (can't remember the value, but I think that it's somewhere around 15 km/h)

This process means that there is communications happening between the control module and the CAN bus - looking at the car's speed. I guess that it's theoretically possible to hack the module firmware - but OBD11 can't be used for this purpose and you would need to have an intimate understanding of software to find the correct memory addresses to change.

So, practically speaking its a big NO - alas

Don

You have a better understanding of the Bosch registry than most. Do you know if there's a way to unlock all doors with the unlock of the hatch? I've been searching through the locking channel, but can't seem to find anything that corresponds between the two...

... My wife always complains the car doesn't unlock when I go to out groceries in the hatch. The same happens on our Q7, so hoping I can carry the code over to it as well (some stuff carries well, and some requires extra work).

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I still haven't been able to program the remote so it'll unlock all doors by pressing the unlock button multiple times within a short period of time. I don't want it to unlock the door with one press on the remote as I prefer it to unlock only the driver door when I do that. The other options seem to unlock all doors with one press on the remote. Is there any way to change it?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
... My wife always complains the car doesn't unlock when I go to out groceries in the hatch.

Lol my girlfriend does the same. Especially when its cold and she doesn't want to help load the bags or gets stuck waiting for me to get back from the cart corral

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I still haven't been able to program the remote so it'll unlock all doors by pressing the unlock button multiple times within a short period of time. I don't want it to unlock the door with one press on the remote as I prefer it to unlock only the driver door when I do that. The other options seem to unlock all doors with one press on the remote. Is there any way to change it?

This is in the MIB settings from what I recall...if you can't find it, have a scan through the user's manual. It should be in there as well.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
This is in the MIB settings from what I recall...if you can't find it, have a scan through the user's manual. It should be in there as well.

That's the setting I'm referring to where it only lets me unlock one door, or all door with one tap on the remote. I want it so it unlocks only driver first, all doors after if I press it again.

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
That's the setting I'm referring to where it only lets me unlock one door, or all door with one tap on the remote. I want it so it unlocks only driver first, all doors after if I press it again.

The set it to unlock only driver door and a second press on the remote should unlock all doors. That’s how it works on my remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
You have a better understanding of the Bosch registry than most. Do you know if there's a way to unlock all doors with the unlock of the hatch? I've been searching through the locking channel, but can't seem to find anything that corresponds between the two...

... My wife always complains the car doesn't unlock when I go to out groceries in the hatch. The same happens on our Q7, so hoping I can carry the code over to it as well (some stuff carries well, and some requires extra work).

This would be very helpful. My wife complains about this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
hmmm............ haha - I can totally understand the unequaled benefits of pursuing a wife's (which in my case. I otherwise referred to with some trepidation as my "current lifetime partner") wants. It's a simple way of achieving nirvana and somehow it's an objective that just seems to make sense!!!!!

Alas - I'm not aware of a way to control the other car doors by opening the rear hatch - that said, someone else here might be able to suggest a tweak (I hope - for domestic harmony :) )

As to those who do not have the option of selecting driver's door, or all doors when locking/unlocking - check the channel setting for ZV Komfort-Menuesteuerung Komfortbedienung einstellbar and Autolock-Menuesteuerung ZV Autolock-Unlock on the hex09 module. It should say adjustable in both. Note: if you have a pre MY16 model mk7 - the channel name is Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Komfortbedienung einstellbar and Access control-Menuesteuerung ZV Autolock-Unlock.

Don

Last edited:

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
hmmm............ haha - I can totally understand the unequaled benefits of pursuing a wife's (which in my case. I otherwise referred to with some trepidation as my "current lifetime partner") wants. It's a simple way of achieving nirvana and somehow it's an objective that just seems to make sense!!!!!

Alas - I'm not aware of a way to control the other car doors by opening the rear hatch - that said, someone else here might be able to suggest a tweak (I hope - for domestic harmony :) )

Don

Thanks Don! I've dumped this registry several times and still am unable to find an easy way to make the connection. I wish everything wasn't isolated in "channels", or at least that I could have access to the actual code, but alas, that is not to be. I've tried to contact Bosch, and surprisingly they're very willing to help (if I purchase an entirely new control module from them... Like 1800$). At this point, maybe a raspberry pi, Jerry rigged to the can controller would work :p, but 99.9% chance not... Haha

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
The set it to unlock only driver door and a second press on the remote should unlock all doors. That’s how it works on my remote

Nope it doesn't do that for me.