GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Pendulum Mount install and review

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
On my IS20 Alltrack I was noticing the lurching and obvious driveline slop and thought why dont I try this mount?
I bought 034 upper and lower insert and the APR pendulum mount.It took me longer to get car on jackstands and remove belly pan than it did to install components. One hour total. It is VERY helpful to watch both the install videos prior to starting.
My impression is car feels more of one piece now. greatly minimized drivetrain lurch. Slight vibration in reverse, otherwise no increase in NVH. I was worried about that with some of the reviews I read. Very worthwhile improvement, I looked at some of the Chinese copies for 38.00 and decided not to buy one. I DO believe APR charges way too much for this mount, for what it is, while it sure looks pretty it is hidden behind skidplate.
I am debating the need for BFI engine mounts now, what is opinion on that??

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
The reduction in slop at the bottom will redirect excess force on the upper mounts. Definitely get BFI Stage 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The reduction in slop at the bottom will not redirect excess force on the upper mounts. Definitely get BFI Stage 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will not or will now?

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Are you saying yes or no to BFI mounts. Will there result in a noticeable improvement? Feels so much better now. I did read the long thread about BFI mounts both engine and trans......maybe next month

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Are you saying yes or no to BFI mounts. Will there result in a noticeable improvement? Feels so much better now. I did read the long thread about BFI mounts both engine and trans......maybe next month

I mistyped and said the opposite of what i meant. edited the post.

Yes, you must replace your upper engine/trans mounts.