GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carplay or Bluetooth

Catmando

Hi all,

Just got my new 7.5 and wondered what the general choice of phone operation was, carplay or bluetooth.

I noted yesterday that if my phone was connected to car play but the infotainment screen switched off, the phone would not ring through the car.

What do you guys generally use?

Thanks,

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Hi all,

Just got my new 7.5 and wondered what the general choice of phone operation was, carplay or bluetooth.

I noted yesterday that if my phone was connected to car play but the infotainment screen switched off, the phone would not ring through the car.

Thanks,
I use both but if on long journey I will use apple car play

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all,

Thanks,

I don't bother with Android Auto, so I'm always on Bluetooth.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I use Android Auto for long trips and bluetooth for shorter ones. I really like Android Auto as it is now, when I first started using it a year ago the s/w was buggy and unpleasant to use. But AA has improved drastically with the recent updates.

IanLS16

I use Android Auto for long trips and bluetooth for shorter ones. I really like Android Auto as it is now, when I first started using it a year ago the s/w was buggy and unpleasant to use. But AA has improved drastically with the recent updates.

Are you talking about the brand new AA with the darkened look that's due out in "summer 2019"? Looking forward to that hitting the UK.

As for OP, I use AA all the time for traffic updates and whatsapps. Not sure why you'd turn the infotainment screen off though?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Are you talking about the brand new AA with the darkened look that's due out in "summer 2019"? Looking forward to that hitting the UK.

No, but I am also excited for when that update comes out. It will be a major update and I like the changes to the new UI.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
AA all the time but it also turns my Bluetooth on automatically as well so i guess both? AA/car play are the way to go though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk