Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Quick little pic the morning after install :cool:

Gorgeous.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
dangggg looking good with that screen. also lol at the justagolf. If there are any golf's out there deserving to be upbadged at this point, i'd say yours is in the running.

Haha at first I read that as ‘deserving to be DEbadged’.. and yes, my typical response when someone says to me ‘nice GTI’ is to say ‘it’s justagolf’. But honestly it’s easier to not have to try and explain to most ppl so then I follow with ‘thank you’.

Gorgeous.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
06/18/2019 - Finally voided warranty

Whelp, for those that have been following this has been a LONG time coming! Have had my eye on the Unitronic offerings since their initial release for this platform.

Always slightly nerve-wracking. Remember to follow the instructions kids! Best to tune remotely during business hours, ensure a good internet connection and adequate system requirements.. Oh and put a battery tender on and kill all accessory drains for good measure!

Considering this post is about a month late it HAS given me a chance to spend some time with the Unitronic Stage 1+ on this platform.

Unitronic claims +84hp and +108Lb-Ft over stock for 254hp and 293Lb-Ft... And my ButtDyno believes every bit of these numbers! I didn't tell my wife I had tuned the car and one day she took it out to run some errands, when she came back she was grinning ear-to-ear, her words and I quote 'it feels just as fast as the R now!'.. The car definitely IS quicker, and I'll be damned - drivability IS maintained with the Unitronic software - highly recommended! The real test will be on our annual trip out west where I can stretch her legs and see how she performs. Definitely looking forward to the trip this year!

If I were to go to Stage 2 (necessitating a high-flow DP), the numbers from unitronic don't vary much from stage 1+ due to the limitations of the factory is12 turbo, which is why, for the time-being I am staying at 1+. If you must know, I had a low-mile, late-revision is20 a couple years ago that I was sitting on, and in a sheer moment of weakness I unloaded many parts I had been stockpiling. That's ok I WILL have another is20, I'll just be sure to install it this time around :p

Last edited:

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
How long till you have a matching steering wheel? :D

Very nice job!

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Those are some posh looking seats! I bet they feel super luxurious too! So jelly right now. Love seeing interior mods. I myself am guilty of doing mostly exterior mods even though most of the times we are inside our cars, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Those are some posh looking seats! I bet they feel super luxurious too! So jelly right now. Love seeing interior mods. I myself am guilty of doing mostly exterior mods even though most of the times we are inside our cars, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They feel absolutely fabulous! And they are so new my car actually has that new car smell again ?

Sport-Lux is how I would describe them!

Cool, how are you running Uniconnect with a Mac?

Parallels!

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
I went Stg 1+ on my 1.8 recently and agree with how great the daily-ability is. Linear power build almost like a NA after you hit boost. Do you have your throttle on gradual or direct? Also, having done the intake holes like you did, I did feel more throttle responsiveness and better top-end by cutting more holes on top of the grill (right in front of the intake on both sides) and an AFE drop in filter. Though, I'm sure your intercooler helps a lot when it gets hot out.

Forever envious of your build though!