GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How does the Continental Warranty program work?

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Got my Continental Extreme Contact sports earlier this yr. Already got two nails, that were fixed, but today i noticed a sharp piece of metal on the edge of the tire. Sprayed some soapy water and the #$%#$% thing was bubbling up.

i bought my tires online.

I'm going to need a new tire. They won't repair this one. Its way too close to the edge. If i'm not mistaken, the warranty offers a replacement when a repair isn't possible. I know they won't give me two new tires, which is really what's needed given the thread depth is 10k old on all four. I guess i don't mind buying a new tire if i can get one under warranty, then just running with two new ones up front, til all four are done ! I was doing 5k rotations, and given these tires are non-directional, i was nicely balancing an even wear out of them, like front driver to rear passenger and so on.

Anyway, what's the deal on getting warranty? Given these were purchased online ? Anyone been through the same?

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Did you read the attachment at the bottom of the page?

Did you register your tires as soon as you received them from the online retailer?

If the tires are worn more than the first 2/32", then warranty does not cover the road hazard.

What's that got to do with the price of eggs ? There's a warranty program you didn't know about, and now you're trying to look at the disclaimer for reasons to invalidate the warranty.

I'm asking how does one go about claiming? I guess you don't have the answer. I've tried calling Contential, but the customer service isn't the greatest. They told me to go to my nearest continental dealer, who wasn't much help cos they don't want to go through all the work for free. Especially considering i didn't buy the tires from them.