GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: MIB2 Unit

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
MIB2 unit pulled from a late 2017 GTI. This is the perfect upgrade for your 2015 MIB1 to get your AppConnect on and also needed if you ever choose to upgrade to an 8" screen.

Note: This is NOT an unlocked unit. You will need to have Component Protection removed from a QUALIFIED VW dealership or thru other sources. That is all on the buyer.

$150 Shipped in the Continental USA.

Last edited:

Internexus

Ready to race!
Is this the unit that goes in the glovebox? Also is this from an Apple Carplay vehicle? (I don't know if AppConnect entails Apple Carplay or if it's a mirroring system sorry)

Last edited:

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Is this the unit that goes in the glovebox? Also is this from an Apple Carplay vehicle? (I don't know if AppConnect entails Apple Carplay or if it's a mirroring system sorry)

Yes, this is the glove box unit. This is what your need if you want Apple Carplay or Android Auto, it does both. You also need this unit if you want to upgrade to a 6.5" screen or an 8" screen.

Thanks

GTI_Mitchell

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S w/ PP
Asked in other thread, but will this work with my MIB1 screen? If I just swap this out with my MIB1 glovebox unit, what will happen? Will I lose any functionality of things like drive modes, bluetooth, etc

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Did this come from your car? If not do you have the VIN from the car it came from so I can get the appconnect FEC?

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Asked in other thread, but will this work with my MIB1 screen? If I just swap this out with my MIB1 glovebox unit, what will happen? Will I lose any functionality of things like drive modes, bluetooth, etc

Did this come from your car? If not do you have the VIN from the car it came from so I can get the appconnect FEC?
May I direct you to this thread, before purchasing my MIB2 unit? Study up and then make an educated buying decision...
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31600

It won't work with a MIB1 screen.

It did not come out of my own car, but I do have the VIN it came out of.

Thanks,

David

Last edited: