GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Options for Low Brake Dust Pads?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Funny you should ask; the answer is no except that I initially installed the pad backwards on one side and did in fact score the rotor. An epic fail on my part. Who would have thought the pad would even fit backwards? Obviously not me. I have had at least three “I’m an idiot” moments when working on this car.

Thanks for the info. Since it appears they are not better or worse vs stock braking performance, my guess is that it won't affect vectoring..so that is a good thing. I'll keep an eye on the pad orientation when I install them maybe later this summer.

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Duramax Gold from AutoZone. Plenty of stopping power but less grabby than stock pads, no dust, cheap, readily available. For street use only, not Auto-X or HPDE.

Neil

ck23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R (DSG) - Lapiz
I-sweep. They are amazing. The street pad has a little better feel than stock and the difference compared to stock in terms of dust is no comparison. I am a neuspeed dealer and sell them. Give us a call. 937-435-5550. They plug right in and have wear sensors also.

^^^This. Went with the iSweep is1500's.

Summons

Kennyf

I-sweep. They are amazing. The street pad has a little better feel than stock and the difference compared to stock in terms of dust is no comparison. I am a neuspeed dealer and sell them. Give us a call. 937-435-5550. They plug right in and have wear sensors also.

Do you recommend the is1500 or is2000? Is the performance of the is2000 worth the extra dust compared to is1500?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
^^^This. Went with the iSweep is1500's.
I went with iSweep 1500's for my TTS setup and couldnt be happier.

reallypeacedoff

Ready to race!
Do you recommend the is1500 or is2000? Is the performance of the is2000 worth the extra dust compared to is1500?

I have is2000 and I would say there is a considerable jump in stopping power. BUT if you can't stand dust, get the is1500 and if you don't care about dust, go with the is2500 for a bigger jump.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
where can i get the brembo CERAMIC pads for the performance package? the brembo dealer site provides no info on pad material so have no idea what choice is right

edit: finally found them on ECS.

Last edited:

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
Put me down for the isweep camp also. Have the IS2000 and they’re great, better bite and grab over stock and still has less brake dust. For the least amount of dust but close to stock feel go with IS1500

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Put me down for the isweep camp also. Have the IS2000 and they’re great, better bite and grab over stock and still has less brake dust. For the least amount of dust but close to stock feel go with IS1500
Do you have stock pads on the rear? If so, how does the dust level of the IS2000 fronts compare to the rears? Hoping it's about the same but any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I have stock pads on the rear. The rear pads dust about 2x the amount of the iSweeps if you do normal driving. So I can go for a relaxing 2-hr drive, come home, and see almost no sign of dust on the front wheels. I love it.