GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

Mike Jesse

Passed Driver's Ed
Who would have thought that a pedal tuner could add over 2 mph. LOL

It seemed to shift firmer with the pedal tuner cranked up all the way vs. stock.

Didn't help with the 60 ft. at all which surprised me.

Fun little add on to play with.

Now I'm going to install the JB 1 I've had on the shelf for over a year.

Will it go 12.50's?

Last edited:

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
It seemed to shift firmer with the pedal tuner cranked up all the way vs. stock.

Didn't help with the 60 ft. at all which surprised me.

Fun little add on to play with.

Now I'm going to install the JB 1 I've had on the shelf for over a year.

Will it go 12.50's?
Ohh yeah, mine went 12.8@109 (A3) with just a map 6 on JB4 and a K&N filter.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Just ran a 14.396 at 95 in my GSW 4Mo. It's 86 and humid as all get out here at Thunder Valley, but I'm aiming for that 13.9! Don't think the conditions will let anything better happen. Anyone have tips on DSG launch control? It seems to bog down on launch on the prepped surface vs the street.

edit: I see my launch edition time is listed as a sportwagen, can someone with the powers please change that lol

Last edited:

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Just ran a 14.396 at 95 in my GSW 4Mo. It's 86 and humid as all get out here at Thunder Valley, but I'm aiming for that 13.9! Don't think the conditions will let anything better happen. Anyone have tips on DSG launch control? It seems to bog down on launch on the prepped surface vs the street.
I had the same issue my first time out with the GSW. The conditions were similar to yours, hot and humid, a sticky track, and the car would bog. You either need more mods, cooler weather, or both.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Down to 14.123 at 96. Me "manually" changing gears is about .2-.3 faster in the 1/4. Still full weight, maybe I'll pull the spare and such.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Down to 14.123 at 96. Me "manually" changing gears is about .2-.3 faster in the 1/4. Still full weight, maybe I'll pull the spare and such.
Every little bit helps.

What's done to it?

Mike Jesse

Passed Driver's Ed

I got my Sportwagen down to a 13.74 with the APR St 1 91 tune and the Trans tune as well.

Mine would ET lower if I manually shifted it at 5600-5800.

Opening up the grill on the drivers side for more intake air seemed to help too, and it's free.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
@ wy2sl0

Can you update the spreadsheet that shows the WR 9 second Iroz R real 60' time? It's listed as 1.5 but was actually 1.530. Reason I ask is my 1.533 on the IS38 is very close and if I best my time, I very well may take a dq250/mk7 sixty foot record with that pass as well.

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune

I'm pretty excited about this, for being just a tune on General tires, running 93 full weight. If the DA drops enough I might head back with some r888r's and e30, remove the back seats and see if I can get to the mid-low 12's without changing out a single part on the engine.

I will have water-meth on the car soon, though... But I'll likely do a pass with/without just to see what it's doing truly stock with only software changes and tires. It won't be tuned for the water-meth, and the car doesn't pull timing even while hot unless it's extremely so, so it won't be doing anything other than artificially lowering the DA.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Ran my best time at Island Dragway last night. Practice makes perfect as every time I go to the track my times get getter. Here is my time:

12.485et @ 112.01mph

I still need to work on my launch but I'm moving up the MQB 6MT latter (16 Golf R)! It's a lonely place to be...Lol

United Motorsport Tuned w/LC & NLS, DP, Intake and stock IC

I'm still getting some wheel hop off the line and even though my 60ft is between 1.79 and 1.9 it's really affecting my 1/8 times. I know I can do better but I need to sort out the launch on my Stock 19" Pretorias/Pzeros. :confused:

Here is my slip:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Ran my best time at Island Dragway last night. Practice makes perfect as every time I go to the track my times get getter. Here is my time:

12.485et @ 112.01mph

I still need to work on my launch but I'm moving up the MQB 6MT latter (16 Golf R)! It's a lonely place to be...Lol

United Motorsport Tuned w/LC & NLS, DP, Intake and stock IC

I'm still getting some wheel hop off the line and even though my 60ft is between 1.79 and 1.9 it's really affecting my 1/8 times. I know I can do better but I need to sort out the launch on my Stock 19" Pretorias/Pzeros. :confused:

Here is my slip:

Looking good Alex

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Keeping Cool in the Staging Lanes

What are you guys doing to keep cool in the staging lanes? I have a few ideas and questions.

1. Bags of ice? Do you place this directly on the engine and/or intake manifold? Do you put anything between the ice and manifold or engine? Also, should I take the engine cover off?

2. Leave Blower? A friend of mine brought one to the track and when he placed it on the lower part of the front grill...I couldn't believe how much hot air was coming out of the engine.

3. Water/Weed Bottle Sprayer w/ice? If I filled up one of these pressurized. bottles where in the car would I spray? Lower front grill area?

Sorry for the noob questions but the last two track days it was hot and my ET's went from 12.4 on a better day to 12.7 and then 12.9 on the last two hotter days with IAT's in the 140's at idle.