GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

who ordered a spektrum color

cinderbike

Ready to race!
That cliff green one is 49.5k.

Nothing new. Dealers in town here mark up the R $3-5k every year. The Focus RS and Type R too. Yay for small towns.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Good catch. Missed that sale price line. Yeah I guess I shouldn't be surprised with these limited colors.
You can get the spektrums cars for minimum 1k under msrp at most I would say. I could of gotten 1-2k off a spektrum order if I woulda pulled the trigger. No reason to ever pay ADM on these cars.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Lol. They don’t want to sell that car.

I remember ridiculous markups on the Focus RS....6 months later they were down to MSRP.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
According to the parts manager at a local dealership, they ordered a Deep Violet Purple R for inventory!

May just be a rumor though...

The rumors were true...

DAS_STIG

Banned
Why don't more car manufacturers do these fun colors? I undestand the general market wants white/silver/gray/dull, but cars like the Focus St, Fiesta ST, Focus RS, Mini Cooper, GTI, Golf R, Subaru WRX/STI, and other similar ones would still sell well.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Why don't more car manufacturers do these fun colors? I undestand the general market wants white/silver/gray/dull, but cars like the Focus St, Fiesta ST, Focus RS, Mini Cooper, GTI, Golf R, Subaru WRX/STI, and other similar ones would still sell well.

Because of manufacturing complexity.

Even for these spectrum colors, ordering window for this year closed long back and people had to wait for a while to receive their cars as all orders were scheduled to be manufactured in a common batches.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Because of manufacturing complexity.

Even for these spectrum colors, ordering window for this year closed long back and people had to wait for a while to receive their cars as all orders were scheduled to be manufactured in a common batches.

I'm not saying to allow for special ordering of colors. Just do some crazy/fun colors for more fun cars. Look at the basic GTI colors - black, red, white, gray, dark blue. Throw in a fun green, yellow, or purple as a standard color.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I'm not saying to allow for special ordering of colors. Just do some crazy/fun colors for more fun cars. Look at the basic GTI colors - black, red, white, gray, dark blue. Throw in a fun green, yellow, or purple as a standard color.
Because 1% of the buyers of those cars would take a crazy color like that.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

Yeah i would love to see that on performance cars. Recently i saw a couple of Camaros on the road with “shock” exterior shade and it looked great.

But in reality, OEMs will be satisfying a tiny customer base by offering a couple of fun colors. This can happen if someone in the product launch team makes a profitable business case or if an enthusiast (like one of us) is leading the product launch team.

Thunder2019

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are the time lines of mine.

Ordered Feb 18th 2019
Graphite Metallic
Black Styling

Received email from vw March 1st stating production starts now.
Received email from vw May 24th production is complete
May 27th it left Germany
Received email from vw June 14th has arrived in Canada
Dealer told me it left Halifax June 7th or 8th and was in Montreal june12th.
Yes the dates don’t make sense but I went with what the dealer was telling me before those automated emails from VW.
Arrived at dealer June 26th

I was told by the dealer I am very lucky for two reasons.
First was being loaded onto the ship, it just made it on or I would have to have waited another two weeks and the second is 10 days before I ordered mine someone else had ordered another colour and was told a month before it was scheduled to arrive that he’s order could not be completed, wow! Who does that :confused:

Anyway, looking forward to Wednesday :D